Forum Discussion

Adam3700
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Delete me.

Delete me. 

KHannon
    Seasoned Newcomer

Just a word of warning: my GF was a member of  Spaceballs Alliance guild Smokin' Krayt. Middle of the road player but active and responsive. She was booted without warning yesterday in favor of a "bigger and better" player.

The only concession was a disingenuous offer to offer her to other guilds in the alliance considering she was also booted from the discord and couldn't easily contact back.

Maybe this is an isolated incident but buyer beware.

KHannon
      Seasoned Newcomer

You're right, that's generally what happened.

Out of nowhere a mid-level guildee was booted from the guild and discord with no warning immediately before TW. No attempt to ease the transition, no "hey, we're looking to upgrade but we've got a spot in a lower guild within the alliance if you'd be open to it." Just the boot. Why exactly would she consider another spot in that alliance if that kind of behavior is condoned?

Isolated incident or not, people deserve to know what they're signing up for with your alliance.

dudapples
        Newcomer

Hello KHannon, I am the guild leader of the guild in question here. 

We are a top, up and coming, competitive guild and with this comes the need to constantly replace our weakest players.  We are over 3 years old now and have never had any complaints like this before.  We always strive to be fair to all and to keep things fun for our members.

To address your points, firstly this wasn't a 'mid-level' guildee', this was someone who was just above our worst in all game modes, and with by far the slowest growth in the guild, and with much less time in than the others near the bottom.  To stay in a highly competitive guild like ours you need to excel and stand out, simply being active and hanging near the bottom of our scoreboards is not enough.  

Secondly, I agree it was a rushed removal but these things are sometimes necessary with top guilds and while I never like it, we have to do it for the sake of all the ambitious players we have with us.  People we remove this way have always been accepting and understanding of our reasons, until now.

Thirdly,  they were removed almost 24hrs prior to TW starting and i sent a dm on discord where I apologised more than once, and offered to help find another guild in the alliance if they so wanted.  Then after recieving a disgruntled message the next day I replied again, apologising again and offering help and advice finding a guild.  I can add these screenshot if you want?

Lastly, we did have an unfortunate accident where one of my newly promoted officers removed them from discord prematurely after they were removed in game.  I spoke to my officers immediately about needing to wait for 24 hours for a response in future but the damage was done and I didn't know if they would even see my message at all.  This was explained in my second message and again I apologised, and offered to help with finding a new guild but I got no response.

I hope this answers your questions and that we can put this behind us now.