Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Director Krennic / Death Trooper arena squad

I'm looking at potentially switching over to a lead Director Krennic squad, thanks to the amount of rebels that still infest my shard on a regular basis.

Starting with just Krennic / Death Trooper, I see a few major issues that squad has.

• Krennic is on the squishier side. That means a taunter is likely required.
  • An auto taunter will likely give this team fits, thanks to its lack of a fast dispel. Relying on Death Trooper's dispel, thanks to its slow speed, seems like a recipe for tears. This team really wants to kill an enemy fast to get Deathmark going, and an autotaunter harms this.

For tanks, the options that I see are Sun Fac, Shoretrooper, STHan, and Royal Guard. With Krennic being squishy, I think RG's reactive taunt isn't good enough. I'd strike out Sun Fac for being slow. I think an argument for both Shoretrooper and STHan can be made. In fact, I think it'd be wise to have both available - is the enemy faster than your STHan? Sub in Shoretrooper. Otherwise, STHan.

That leaves 2 slots. I think that Asajj needs to be available as a "sideboard" character for autotaunters, but doesn't make the cut otherwise. Otherwise, I think the usual suspects are Darth Vader, TFP, EP, Boba Fett, B2. Any other obvious synergy I'm missing?

Considering Krennic's leadership ability, I'd run TFP as an obvious choice. That leaves 1 slot and we're at:
    Krennic / DT / TFP / ShT|STHan / Asajj|?

Thoughts? Is Krennic's ability worth it?
    • Personally, I think I'm going to stick with the zVader lead, as reducing TM to me is better than what Krennic currently offers. But, being able to do ability block with any crit hit is tempting. If they are using Chaze though, it won't be able to do much at the outset, except with TFP's/EP's AoE.
      And Krennic may be squishy, but remember that as long as DT is alive, Krennic can't be critically hit. And even at 3*, DT has a decent prot/hp setup.
      Krennic's basic is meh, since TFP has the same. His stagger could be useful, but the other one is kind of meh to me. Looking things over, Krennic will only really be useful as a leader. I don't see him doing much as just a member of a squad.
      If you're looking at a Krennic squad, I would probably do Krennic/DT/TFP/ShT/Boba. Most rebel squads you face will have Chaze in them, and Boba's Execution takes advantage of the ridiculous amount of buffs that Chirrut throws up.
      But, like I said, I do like my zVader squad right now. Even at 3*, DT is making a nice difference. zVader/DT/TFP/ShT/Boba.

• Honestly I'm not sure you need to kill things fast with that team. With Krennic, TFP, DT, EP, Shore/GK you would have the CC and speed to go the distance with almost any squad. That's what I'm planning on running when I get Krennic.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago