Forum Discussion

DivinylsFan
Seasoned Rookie
10 days ago

Acknowledgement and Recognition Please

I would like for us Simmers who've been around, and can prove it with game registration and codes from our original disks, since Sims 2, and while we're at it, some of us have since Sims 1 and still have some of those disks and registered those, and some of us still have the same screen name ... to have that acknowledged in our 'veteran for x-number of years' section of our profile. There's a song about that. Kind of. We built this city ... 

Although, I'm Australian. There's another song somewhere. 

Up there Cazaly. There's a few relevant lines. Good song though. Yeah!

The Sims 1 in 2004, the year we went without the phone and internet to save money, and bought it to play offline to stave off computer-starvation. Which means about 2006 is when I got Sims 2, and my name ... the time I've spent behind the computer with it instead of out in the world, years. Ah, John Butler has a song. Good Excuse. 

I think that loyalty, patronage, and the years, especially since the name's been the same, like other people like me, there are a few out there, deserves acknowledgement. 

Its a pity these disks are useless. People say if I use them on an old machine, they will still play up as soon as it connects to the internet. Or they need a thousand mods to work. :( I don't have the time, means or guts to try yet. Maybe in the Christmas break. 

I would post a nice photo of my The Sims 3 collection, which is my favourite, but one of my brothers stole it and disrespected it. He says he chucked it out, but I think he sold it. All's I have left of it is the High End Loft Stuff which I kept as a start-up disk, before I succumbed to the fully downloaded version. 

It's probably been done before, I think I remember it actually, but feel free to post your own. Nothing identifying though! Sensible, sensible.

:)

kamedom419
    Seasoned Newcomer

I completely agree with you! It's high time EA acknowledges the dedication and loyalty of us long-time Simmers who have stuck with the game since the early days. Many of us have been around since the original Sims or Sims 2, and we still have our old discs and original screen names to prove it. We've invested countless hours in this game, so a "veteran for X years" badge would be a great way to honor that commitment.

Rob199x
      Rising Adventurer

Battlefield used to have veteran badges, but those were removed. I think the old forum sort of had badges but for which packs you owned. But that's gone now. The thing i want the most is being able to link my disks to a digital account (preferably steam, that works unlike the EAapp) so i can legally play the sims 2 complete edition by just installing all my packs digitally instead of faffing about with a usb disk drive

DivinylsFan
        Seasoned Rookie

Digitally is the only way you can play it now? And with a bunch of mods. Or on an old machine with the disks with no internet.

DivinylsFan
      Seasoned Rookie

Yeah I'd like an accumulative one to include the membership from the old BBS on The Sims 2. My current one only shows my registration since The Sims 3 forum.

Do you remember being able to send these emails? I have dug this up from my current email, but its not the oldest at episode 24, so the others must be on a previous email account. Anyway, this is just a screenshot, nothing identifiable or clickable:

So that was in 2010.

I suppose the space in between Divinyls and Fan makes a difference? That wouldn't be very nice. I think maybe I remember it had to have no space on the new Sims 3 site. In that case it definitely wouldn't be very nice ☹️ Plummed on a technicality. 

LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard

It would be nice to have a veteran badge. I've been a player since Sims 1 and have had the same user name since the Sims 2 forums. I was a bit irked when I switched to the Sims 3 forum and it said I was a new user. At least with this switch they kept the time you now have (in your profile at least). I don't have all the games anymore, so I don't have registration numbers, but they could add a checkbox system like ModtheSims has for which games you've played if nothing else.