Forum Discussion

4 years ago

can anyone please explain how to stop raining in sims houses?

Hi

I have tried everything I can think of to stop the rain and later probably the snow from falling in my sims homes. It's as if they are outside experiencing the weather it's that bad. I have added tiles underneath roofs where I can but it has still not stopped the issue? hoping desperately someone knows a fix for this as I have spent a long time making this neighborhood into something I intend to begin playing in very soon but am currently tearing my hair out with this issue and i don't really want to have to change the weather as I enjoy playing all seasons-)
  • @February11

No worries I believe it can happen in any series of the game :)
  • That is really weird, as you have covered whole house with roof/floortiles , and yes , it absolutely should not rain in.

Is this the only house what does it or all?
  • Hi @Ellupelluellu

I just went to check other residential homes and yes it's happening in other lots too.. I do have a lot of mods but this has not happened before like this and I check everything thoroughly before I keep it so I am totally clueless as to why this is happening..
  • Any weather related mods?

I opened my game and no, if floor-tiles added above every room, to fully cover whole house , no rain inside.

Some conflicting mods perhaps, some mods at TS2 are very needy about loading order.
  • Hi @Ellupelluellu

I have sims wardrobe weather changer and have used it for several years without any conflict or issue but i will take it out and see if it makes a difference however if that proves to be the issue I am going to have to try and find another mod as weather/seasons length don't last long enough for me :)

Just a thought is it okay to remove a weather mod without it causing more complications as 2 has much stricter rules to follow lol
  • @Ellupelluellu

That's some mods/CC folder you have there and I thought I was bad :)

I have come out of my game and am about to head off to bed as it is getting really late for me now so i will try again tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to start the world/neighborhood over as I have spent ages just getting it to how I like it (Tweaking the neighbourhood and adding back my favorite mods/CC) so have barely had time to play at all.. :'(

I will let you know tomorrow which one it is but when you say more serious matter exactly what do you mean by that?
  • @Ellupelluellu

I do use the UC version but i am not patched to the latest patch through origin which means I load up the game via a desktop Exe I thinks it is called so I have probably backed up and saved a clean folder altogether that I can add back to my documents if i have to as I don't want to download that last patch as many players reported a lot of glitches after that. A little like when they stopped the S3 game being able to be played without signing into Origin. Thanks for the heads up about building a small box to check i would never have thought about that :)
  • "Cinebar;c-17829347" wrote:
    I see, so it wasn't rain falling in through a hole but how close we have to scroll in to not see the rain animation. Yeah, that was a complaint when Seasons first came out. It's not that bad in TS3 etc. I know I have to zoom in pretty close if it's raining. If there is a hole in the roof, Sims in TS2 will hold up their hands and tell you there is rain in their house.

So, I guess that's the reason I have leaves falling in my kitchen when there's an upstairs floor and a roof with no holes. That makes sense. (TS4, not TS2)