Forum Discussion

anthonydyer
Seasoned Traveler
8 years ago

Problems With Homework

Homework has always been the center of problems for me in the Sims series. Especially in TS2. I have found myself focused on supporting my sim's necessities such as hunger and energy, and homework is always put on the back burner. Of course, if you don't have your fun meter up high, your sim will refuse to complete his homework. As a result of this, at one point in time I had 2 children and 1 teen in a household, and I would have to sacrifice my teen by making him complete the 2 children's homework just to prevent child services from taking the kids. I think I even made the teen skip school. On top of that, if their mood bar was red, they would not autonomously go to school, making the situation even worse. If you don't finish the homework, you will do bad in school... seriously? It's like a perpetuating cycle. It takes like 2 hours to complete the homework. Is that right? It supposedly is beneficial to ask for homework help from an adult, but it is a nightmare to track down an adult; they almost always get sidetracked.

Well, in the meantime I am playing an adults only house and it is nice to not have to deal with homework. Could there be something I am doing wrong with homework? Does anyone else struggle with the homework assignments?