Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Y’all convinced me to played TS2 again..

And I forgot how much fun it was. I used to have it in my windows 95 and I had a crap load of CC. Are there any websites (besides tumblr) that still makes CC for TS2?
  • You might want to check out this thread in the Sims 2 forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974123/best-cc-for-the-sims-2#latest
  • The Sims 2 is my most played I have SO MUCH CC and script mods. This is going to be a long post, I apologise.

I have a script mods list on my blog in a post, and it's probably dated and I have likely downloaded more sinve, but I'll repost here for clarity. Simbology is probably the best place, honestly, then Mod The Sims, but there's stuff all around the web. There's a lot here, so I'll italicize everything I deem essential.

- – Annoys the heck out of me that sims get up to feed babies every 2 seconds even when they’re not hungry. I'd say this was essential unless you play with autonomy off, as by default, they really do just constantly stop what they're doing to feed babies constantly. There's also a ton of other mods on this page that maybe useful to you.

- – Allows sims to get credit for partially completed homework. 50% done = a C. Others may not like this mod though.

- – Allows sims to have anniversaries. It's a cute addition.

- – Hobby wants were getting overwhelming and annoying. No, I don't constantly want to play on the computer! I'd call this one essential.

- – Doesn’t really make sense to me that school stresses all kids out beyond belief. Some kids find school fun, others don't. This mod makes children find school fun depending on their personality. Does a few other things too. Not essential but definitely helpful and interesting.

-The Sims 2 Defaults to replace EVERYTHING I could find default replacements for on the site. I don't have much CC besides that, and CC I do have is generally conversions from The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
  • "Magnezone;c-17451319" wrote:
    The Sims 2 is my most played I have SO MUCH CC and script mods. This is going to be a long post, I apologise.

I have a script mods list on my blog in a post, and it's probably dated and I have likely downloaded more sinve, but I'll repost here for clarity. Simbology is probably the best place, honestly, then Mod The Sims, but there's stuff all around the web. There's a lot here, so I'll italicize everything I deem essential.

- – Annoys the heck out of me that sims get up to feed babies every 2 seconds even when they’re not hungry. I'd say this was essential unless you play with autonomy off, as by default, they really do just constantly stop what they're doing to feed babies constantly. There's also a ton of other mods on this page that maybe useful to you.

- – Allows sims to get credit for partially completed homework. 50% done = a C. Others may not like this mod though.

- – Allows sims to have anniversaries. It's a cute addition.

- – Hobby wants were getting overwhelming and annoying. No, I don't constantly want to play on the computer! I'd call this one essential.

- – Doesn’t really make sense to me that school stresses all kids out beyond belief. Some kids find school fun, others don't. This mod makes children find school fun depending on their personality. Does a few other things too. Not essential but definitely helpful and interesting.

-The Sims 2 Defaults to replace EVERYTHING I could find default replacements for on the site. I don't have much CC besides that, and CC I do have is generally conversions from The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.

Wooooow half of this I didn’t even know you could have! Thanks for this! With the crazy story I had last night....( my son had all three of her kids taken away by the social worker and one of them was a newborn! ) most of these would have really took my game to a totally different level.

Rflong7
    New Vanguard
    Hi :mrgreen:

This can be great for playing - https://lesyasun.tumblr.com/post/175877657641/i-got-a-couple-of-asks-like-how-to-make-my-game
  • "k_reeser1;c-17455466" wrote:
    https://mega.nz/folder/EC5ywQLL#HXYVcRdCRQhOXR14SGkr_g
    ive been working on this collection for some time,every one of these are bug fixes(i recommend to install all of them!)
    makes the game more balanced and fun

Personally, I wouldn't download someone else's collection of mods unless it was a modder organizing their own mods into a single download for players that want all of their mods on their site (like Pescado does with his director's cut). And I think it's reckless to offer this to people.

Here's why:

1. It's dangerous to have mods in place that you do not know what they are and what they are for. This can mean that you have no clue what could be causing a problem in game if you download another mod that includes a file that messes with a mod you have already.
    2. If an issue does come up or if a player has a question about a mod, they face an uphill battle trying to find out who that mod was made by and where they are set up for supporting the mod of or if it's an "as is" mod if the creator has left the community.
    3. The modder who created it is unaware of how popular and used their mod is because the Simmer did not download the mod from them

But that's just my opinion.
  • Hahah for me The Sims 2 is the game that made me love The Sims as a series. Even until today I still play it as much as I did as a seven year old coming home from school. It's just that good until all these years I still play it.
  • "Seera1024;c-17455675" wrote:
    "k_reeser1;c-17455466" wrote:
    https://mega.nz/folder/EC5ywQLL#HXYVcRdCRQhOXR14SGkr_g
    ive been working on this collection for some time,every one of these are bug fixes(i recommend to install all of them!)
    makes the game more balanced and fun

Personally, I wouldn't download someone else's collection of mods unless it was a modder organizing their own mods into a single download for players that want all of their mods on their site (like Pescado does with his director's cut). And I think it's reckless to offer this to people.

Here's why:

1. It's dangerous to have mods in place that you do not know what they are and what they are for. This can mean that you have no clue what could be causing a problem in game if you download another mod that includes a file that messes with a mod you have already.
    2. If an issue does come up or if a player has a question about a mod, they face an uphill battle trying to find out who that mod was made by and where they are set up for supporting the mod of or if it's an "as is" mod if the creator has left the community.
    3. The modder who created it is unaware of how popular and used their mod is because the Simmer did not download the mod from them

But that's just my opinion.

No, I agree with you. This is why I labelled all my mods and gave the download links from the creators directly. There could potentially be harmful content or files in there, though I doubt it and doubt @k_reeser1 meant any harm in uploading it.

With that said, what you said about conflicting mods is important. If you don't know where your mods come from or what they do, it would be very easy to download conflicting mods on accident.

And honestly, mods are meant to be individualistic. Whilst some are basically essential, others vary depending on playstyle. Some mods that work for me may not work for other players.

Uploading them to a MEGA like @k_reeser1 did also doesn't credit the original creators.