Forum Discussion

12 years ago

beach tanning towels?

I saw a sim the other day who sunbathed with a beach towel. Were do i find the item in the buy mode? :?:
  • I don't think the item is in buy mode. When sims do the ''relax'' option at a beach, a towel (and maybe a parasol) will spawn in the spot you selected and lay on it. I've seen sims catch a tan either sleeping or reading a book, enjoy.
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Rookie
    I believe it came with Seasons.

If I remember correctly, there is a certain strip of area that needs to be clicked within for the option to appear.
  • Sunbathing came with Island Paradise. It's here in the official trailer... :)
    https://youtu.be/4BTIGeKpepY
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Rookie
    Okay, going back through EP content:

Sunbathing came with Seasons. You can lie in a lounge chair or the pool float (or just stand outside). There is also a tanning booth.
    Sunbathing on a towel came with Island Paradise.

I remember my Sims spontaneously combusting when I didn't want them to (trying to score the badges) after Seasons came out. :D
    IP added the towel option in the mix.
  • If you go to a beach (so far I've only had success at community lots designated as beaches) and click the sand, there's an option to "relax here". A towel automatically appears, you don't need to buy one :) I also recommend bringing along a radio or boombox in your inventory and then taking it out and placing it next to the towel. it's nice!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/9166149501_96d46b8f35_c.jpg
  • I think it came with Island Paradise - so if you don't have that EP you won't get the option.
  • It's not in buy mode, your sim automatically lays one on the ground when you click the option to suntan
  • You can buy them in outdoor activities. Or just do a search for towel in outdoor activities. You can pick from several patterns.
    EA_Rtas
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Hey there it's awesome you're wanting to help out but this thread has been inactive for quite a while so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting