Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Build/Buy mode freeze up

I have a windows 7 desktop that's kind of old but it functions great for sims 3 game play. Today I was building a house for about two hours. I accidentally clicked on live mode and went back to build mode as fast as I could because I wanted to keep building. 8) It starts to load up the build mode tool bar and it hasn't finished loading for about 3 hours. I pressed ALT and TAB together to get out of sims and the rest of my computer is working just fine. I go back into sims and it is still loading up the tool bar. I worked kinda hard on that mansion and I don't want to lose it so I would like to know how to solve this problem. Ideas?

Thanks

Lester
    karritz
    New Spectator
    I have the same problem all the time. One tip though, if you have been building for a while - no set time just when you've done a few things you wouldn't want to have to redo - SAVE the game. And occasionally SaveAs with a different name in case the game gets corrupted and you lose it all.

You have to go into Live mode to Save.

If the interface locks up - use the keyboard that usually solves the problem.

F1 key = Live mode
    F2 key = Buy mode
    F3 key = Buld mode

If things are locked up don't worry about which mode you want to be in - just get into another mode. Once you fix the locked up interface problem you can save the game and go into the mode you want to be in.

Another good combination is Alt key + F4 key. This will shut the game down and it will usually ask you if you want to save before closing. It will only ask you if you want to Save is you are in Live mode.
  • "Karritz;c-11648003" wrote:
    I have the same problem all the time. One tip though, if you have been building for a while - no set time just when you've done a few things you wouldn't want to have to redo - SAVE the game. And occasionally SaveAs with a different name in case the game gets corrupted and you lose it all.

You have to go into Live mode to Save.

If the interface locks up - use the keyboard that usually solves the problem.

F1 key = Live mode
    F2 key = Buy mode
    F3 key = Buld mode

If things are locked up don't worry about which mode you want to be in - just get into another mode. Once you fix the locked up interface problem you can save the game and go into the mode you want to be in.

Another good combination is Alt key + F4 key. This will shut the game down and it will usually ask you if you want to save before closing. It will only ask you if you want to Save is you are in Live mode.

I made an account just to express my gratitude to you friend, thank you! I spent like 2 hours building a house and got stuck switching over to buy mode. I was so scared I'd have to restart my game, cause I hadn't saved... so you really saved my sanity!
    -Neptune S. Nova