Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Dog won't move and another question

I turned on the game and no matter what I try my sim's dog will not move, I tried resetsim but all that happened was a thought bubble appeared over her head. How do I fix this.

Also, my other game (five friends living together) keeps freezing every 30 seconds-2 minutes. I cleared my DCBackup folder, which made the game run more smoothly, with the exception of constant freezes. How do I fix this?
  • As far as the stuck dog, are you sure you did it right? Say the dog's name is maxwell rover. The code should be "resetsim maxwell rover" right?
  • KizzyLove wrote:
    As far as the stuck dog, are you sure you did it right? Say the dog's name is maxwell rover. The code should be "resetsim maxwell rover" right?

oh, I didn't put rover, I'll try that :shock:
  • It's not working. She's just... there. I can select her, put in commands, but the pooch will not move at all. resetsims rover didn't work :(
  • Yes it was just a made up name.

resetsim

Does that make sense?
  • KizzyLove wrote:
    Yes it was just a made up name.

resetsim

Does that make sense?

Yes, I know what you meant :P

The Dog's name is Lassie (no, it's not a collie, though collie's are cute... then again, I find most dogs cute), I tried 'resetsim Lassie rover', but it didn't work. I ended up deleting that game anyways and starting a new one (although that game just froze and I lost everything :(, I had just finished building her house too). My game has been so glitchy lately that I can barely play it without getting frustrated as something goes wonky on it. *sigh* Doesn't help that real life has been really crazy as well, so I've just been frustrated at a lot of things lately. Just wish the game would work so I could have a bit of fun.
  • I tried to reset and do different activities, make house roomier etc. Finally I tried to give it to adoption but it was still broken and couldnt even be given away.

BuT! I got a computer and split the household, sent the dog to other house and then sent it back and it works and we are happily together again!
  • Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz