Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Favorite custom vacation worlds?

Hello, I occasionally use NRAAS Traveller to send my sims on vacation, and I prefer smaller, less complicated worlds because of performance. I downloaded Suvadiva Resort, Saqaartoq and Ziwa Bonde from Nilxis. Didn't get to try Ziwa Bonde yet but Suvadiva and Saqaartoq are exactly what I was looking for! I also got Emporda but my game couldn't handle the crowdedness of that world very well, so I skipped it in the end. Looking at Nilxis' site, I see that they've got this Vacation Island Pack to be used with Nraas Traveller: 3 tiny worlds with just a few lots on them. Has anyone tried them before? I also saw Hylewood but it looks like an empty world, so not suitable for traveling to really. Sa Pineda also caught my eye, Nilxis said it was built for Midnight Challenge, but do you think it'd be suitable as a regular vacation world?

I'm skipping Dubai, Plavi Raj and Barcelona for the extensive cc requirements.

If you have any other custom worlds you'd recommend for a vacation, please do tell! Thanks in advance.

Edit: What would happen if I took my sims on a vacation to Sunlit Tides, since it doesn't have a base camp?
  • https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7623405
    I like a Child's paradise, has lots of stuff to do.Has everything from IP
    but runs well, no 3rd party CC.
    AlexaKry
    New Spectator
    You don´t need a base camp. You just need an emty house. Then your family can travel to any world you want with NRass´Traveler mod.
    You can travel to a world you´ve never visited before, but I would recommend to prepare the world you like to travel to to your liking, save the .nhd file, copy it and place it in your existing save.
    So you know that there is an empty house or a base camp when you arrive at your destination.
    Hylewood is empty, but there is a save game here: https://www.fakehousesrealawesome.com/post/107091249435/noelyelygoodies-hylewood-save-file-so-here-it where some houses are placed on it. It is a very beautiful world.
    AlexaKry
    New Spectator
    @Zei : I´m not 100% sure if this is possible, because with a university .nhd-file I have never done the travelling.
    But I would test it out if I were you. Just start a new save so the save where you mainly play with will be safe and copy the university nhd.file into this new save. Then travel to university and see if you can see the changes you´ve made.
    But as I said, I´m not 100% sure, because you travel the in game-way when you go to university and not through Traveler-Mod.
    I really don´t want to say that you can do it when it messes your save! :o
    So tagging @igazor , he surely has the better and more profound answer! :)
    (Thank you Igazor in advance!)
  • This method is generally safe to use for any foreign world, there's nothing special about Uni World in this regard. When one initiates a travel sequence with the Traveler mod in place, the mod always replaces the stock game transition with its own no matter how the travel sequence is called up including by way of the Register for Uni sequence. There's no such thing as traveling from one world to another the stock EA way as long as the mod remains in place.

This nhd swap or insertion method is for new games/worlds or worlds from which we have not yet ever traveled our sims to the destination in question. What is never a good idea is to replace an nhd file for a foreign world that had already been traveled to and back within that particular ongoing game with a different nhd file. The TravelDB file holds the inter-world relationships for all foreign worlds that have actually been visited and works with this data by way of the sims' internal ID numbers. If an already existing nhd world that has already been traveled to gets swapped out later in an ongoing game, then the pointers in the TravelDB will stand to be pointing to the wrong sims and that friend or romantic partner one of your sims made the last time around might now be someone completely different, a puppy, a bonehilda, etc. I think while some players might be amused by all the mismatches, most of us would not really want that and they could lead to sim data corruption.
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You can use an empty world as a vacation world, if you don't mind placing lots and residents. Just place them and save the world, then place the nhd file from that save into your saved game's folder.
  • "IreneSwift;c-17516421" wrote:
    You can use an empty world as a vacation world, if you don't mind placing lots and residents. Just place them and save the world, then place the nhd file from that save into your saved game's folder.

Thanks @IreneSwift, I think I'd prefer a more complete world to play as a vacation world. I don't really like populating and decorating worlds myself.
  • @AlexaKry, I had made-over the University townies the last time I visited there, can I use that method (moving .nhd) to see their made-over versions whenever I visit university in other saves too? It basically replaces the vacation world with another save of it, so it should work with the university world too right?