Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Grim Reaper won't come for my Sims

I posted this in the Store General Discussion area on accident but this is where it's supposed to be so I'll post again, sorry!

I feel like my game is pretty much messed up because the Grim Reaper won't turn up.
An elder in my active family died and I waited for the Grim Reaper to come, but he didn't. My Sim just floated there for ages until I realised that for some reason nothing was going to happen.
So I did ResetSim FirstName LastName and he came back to life and everything was fine. But now I want to Edit Town or Move and I can't because it says a Sim is dying on the lot. I've tried forcing NPC and also ResetSim Grim Reaper but still nothing. I have no hacks installed so I don't know what could be making this happen. It's just really bugging me now because I want to move, and I can't go anywhere.

What made this all worse is that after using Trigger Age Transition and my Sim Died again I tried to be smart by deleting the floating ghost. His face went from the side but on the Family Tree he's still alive, and it still won't let me leave the household. I can't find how to bring him back if that's even possible, because I have no urn for him. What can I do?
  • amgomg0710 wrote:

I know why this is happening I think if ur sim is the last in the household ( last living sim) it's ghost will just be there sometimes with the grim reaper and u can't do anything but start a new game

Nope. I'm having this problem also and I have 7 sims in my family and two "died" in a fire, only the Grim Reaper never came so the game still thinks they're alive. It's definitely a glitch in the game.
  • Evil_One wrote:
    Have you at any point, moved the Grim Reaper in with a family as a family member?

This is often the cause of that kind of bug... Sadly I don't know how to fix it, the game is supposed to generate a new Grimmy, but it doesn't always.

You can't do that anymore unless it's been changed.