Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Heart cut pink diamond

I try to build a simbot for the first time (I know I am quite late for that lol :D ), and I already got the palladium and life fruits and brought them to the science lab. Now I need to bring a pink diamond in a heart cut and I am bit confused as to where to find one. I've read there's a chance for one to be for sale at the consignment store, but are there any other ways to get one, preferable already with a heart cut? I never really bothered to cut gems, and all my sims only have the option for emerald cut and dust, and I am just too impatient to send so many gems to the gem cutter before I unlock the heart option. I think I read somewhere there's a heart cut pink diamond in a tomb in France, though this was many years ago and I might remember it wrong.

What are all the ways to get a heart cut pink diamond (besides cutting the raw pink diamond yourself)?
    UlanDhor
    Seasoned Novice
    Chances to find one just by accident are slim.
    You could use your Miner to go on a look for one, but that is slow.
    With Supernatural, the gem cutting machine is your friend, because you get to the heart shape very quickly, as it will cut whole stacks of gems. Still, you need to find a pink diamond first.
    With WA, martial arts are the quickest way to collect gems by breaking space rock boards. However, that means you will have to have a high Martial Arts skill.
    With the highest Science skill (from University Life), you could use the science group project to make rocks and gems rain down.
    Then there's the cheating way. You could use Treeag's Treasure Box to buy one. Given it's your time and your idea of fun, that is always an option if things get too tedious.
  • It shows up at the consignment shop a lot! Or often enough for me to notice it and know it's general price (between 7k and 9k)
  • "Turjan;c-17426129" wrote:
    Chances to find one just by accident are slim.
    You could use your Miner to go on a look for one, but that is slow.
    With Supernatural, the gem cutting machine is your friend, because you get to the heart shape very quickly, as it will cut whole stacks of gems. Still, you need to find a pink diamond first.
    With WA, martial arts are the quickest way to collect gems by breaking space rock boards. However, that means you will have to have a high Martial Arts skill.
    With the highest Science skill (from University Life), you could use the science group project to make rocks and gems rain down.
    Then there's the cheating way. You could use Treeag's Treasure Box to buy one. Given it's your time and your idea of fun, that is always an option if things get too tedious.

Yeah I kinda thought about using the miner, though as you said, it takes a really long time and I am honestly too impatient for it, since not only does the mining itself take ages, sometimes it doesn't even find anything. I might consider it if anything else fails. Thanks for the tip with the gem cutting machine though! I do have Supernatural, but I've never really used the machine and kinda forgot about it. I'll also try the martial arts way, since I coincidentally have a sim with a very high martial arts skill.

"InfraGreen;c-17426132" wrote:
    It shows up at the consignment shop a lot! Or often enough for me to notice it and know it's general price (between 7k and 9k)

Guess I'll just look at the consignment store more often then. The price shouldn't be a problem, since my family is hella rich B)
  • Your sim needs to collect 10 different kinds of gems to unlock the heart cut; it luckily doesn't have anything to do with how many gems your sim has cut or sent to be cut in total. (I don't know if the heart cut is unlocked automatically on the gem cutter from Supernatural, as I've never used it.) Once the cut is unlocked, it costs §1,000 by mail and will be delivered the morning after it's sent away.

When my sim was in the process of making a simbot and needed a heart cut pink diamond, I had to wait a few days for one to spawn. Once it did though, it showed up with its own map tag in Map View (as did the palladium), just like you'd see if your sim spotted a fallen meteor through the telescope. So I just zoomed out a few times a day until I saw one. It was much faster than checking the consignment store or traveling and hoping to get lucky with one of the treasures.
  • "puzzlezaddict;c-17426324" wrote:
    Your sim needs to collect 10 different kinds of gems to unlock the heart cut; it luckily doesn't have anything to do with how many gems your sim has cut or sent to be cut in total. (I don't know if the heart cut is unlocked automatically on the gem cutter from Supernatural, as I've never used it.) Once the cut is unlocked, it costs §1,000 by mail and will be delivered the morning after it's sent away.

When my sim was in the process of making a simbot and needed a heart cut pink diamond, I had to wait a few days for one to spawn. Once it did though, it showed up with its own map tag in Map View (as did the palladium), just like you'd see if your sim spotted a fallen meteor through the telescope. So I just zoomed out a few times a day until I saw one. It was much faster than checking the consignment store or traveling and hoping to get lucky with one of the treasures.

Oh, I thought you need to cut many gems to unlock the heart cut, because that's how it is with the other cuts if I remember correctly. And no, I just checked and the heart cut isn't immediately available on the cutter machine. I'll definitely check the map more often now as well in case a pink diamond spawns. To be fair, my alternative plan in case it takes too long is to just turn a human sim into a simbot using an elixir. Funnily enough, I only need palladium to be able to make the elixir, so I'll see if I'll find palladium or a pink diamond first lol
  • "puzzlezaddict;c-17426324" wrote:
    Your sim needs to collect 10 different kinds of gems to unlock the heart cut; it luckily doesn't have anything to do with how many gems your sim has cut or sent to be cut in total. (I don't know if the heart cut is unlocked automatically on the gem cutter from Supernatural, as I've never used it.) Once the cut is unlocked, it costs §1,000 by mail and will be delivered the morning after it's sent away.

It's either unlocked on the gem cutter immediately or appears quickly because it's a lot easier to hit ten. Either way it's a real game changer. 8)
  • @Huiiie_07 If you're impatient you could use the Epic gem spawner in Buydebug. I tried it yesterday, and it only took a few sim hours to get a pink diamond. And some other gems too.