Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Hidden Traits?

Two humans have just had a baby and it popped up saying that the child had the spell casting trait. I checked to see if anyone of the family were witches and there were none of them. I have only just started out with the family.
  • I do believe it can happen if the baby is born on a full moon, very random and Congrats.
  • "Kay8Orange;c-16287387" wrote:
    A baby born to a firefighter or burglar for example can inherit hidden traits but I never heard of spell casting. @bekkasan Can that happen in a mod-free game or only with mods?

There is a mod which will assign occult states to babies born on a full moon. I'm not aware of the game assigning random hidden traits for such births though. It's odd that the OP's baby isn't a full blown witch, apparently.
  • It is probably only with mods. There is a mod that greatly enhances the chances that humans will have a supernatural baby.
    karritz
    New Spectator
    I don't think you need mods to inherit traits. I didn't have mods in my game when Heather had her son Perry. The father was an imaginary friend. I noticed something odd with him as a child and I had put mods into my game by then (about 2 years later) and he had the hidden trait of pyromaniac.

Other children born to imaginary friend fathers in my games have had the imaginary friend hidden trait.

There is a list somewhere that shows what hidden traits various sims can inherit and it isn't to do with mods. But mods might influence it too if you have mods in the game.

I think the firefighter's offspring will inherit pyromaniac. There is another that lets them inherit the burglar hidden trait. I've had one of my sims years ago who I think must have had it. It was years before I had mods in the game and she could sneak into houses. It was very useful when in World Adventures and your sim got an adventure that required them to do a tomb that was in the home of a sim who was assigned to be a merchant so was never home.

There is a child (or toddler) from Barnacle Bay who I had in my boarding school. He is a pre-made sim and I checked his traits one day and saw he has the hidden burglar trait too.

This link will give you a list of hidden traits and what careers pass the hidden traits on to their offspring.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/traits/

It seems that Natural Sneak is inherited from the Criminal Career.
    MinxACB
    New Spectator
    Some mods allow for "mutations" like these. Do you possibly have any mods you are using?
  • "Minx;c-16286704" wrote:
    Some mods allow for "mutations" like these. Do you possibly have any mods you are using?

I don't have mods in my game, I have never played with them. It is so strange
  • "Karritz;c-16287703" wrote:
    I don't think you need mods to inherit traits. I didn't have mods in my game when Heather had her son Perry. The father was an imaginary friend. I noticed something odd with him as a child and I had put mods into my game by then (about 2 years later) and he had the hidden trait of pyromaniac.

Other children born to imaginary friend fathers in my games have had the imaginary friend hidden trait.

There is a list somewhere that shows what hidden traits various sims can inherit and it isn't to do with mods. But mods might influence it too if you have mods in the game.

I think the firefighter's offspring will inherit pyromaniac. There is another that lets them inherit the burglar hidden trait. I've had one of my sims years ago who I think must have had it. It was years before I had mods in the game and she could sneak into houses. It was very useful when in World Adventures and your sim got an adventure that required them to do a tomb that was in the home of a sim who was assigned to be a merchant so was never home.

There is a child (or toddler) from Barnacle Bay who I had in my boarding school. He is a pre-made sim and I checked his traits one day and saw he has the hidden burglar trait too.

This link will give you a list of hidden traits and what careers pass the hidden traits on to their offspring.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/traits/

It seems that Natural Sneak is inherited from the Criminal Career.

Ok, so he is a witch, which is really weird considering all the family are all humans. It is really weird xx