Forum Discussion

14 years ago

How to Save Dying Sim?

I thought there was a way to appeal to the Grim Reaper to save a dying Sim he is coming to get... but whenever I click him or the Sim, there is no option to "Appeal to Save Life?"

Is there a way to do this and I'm just missing it? :roll:

Also - the Sim that Grim was coming for was a friend Sim, so maybe it has to be a close relative or bf/gf?
  • i DID actualy get the option once to play chess with grimmy, but it happened too late in the death sequence, and he was gone before i could click anything else.

i was so shocked at the time i was just kinda looking at it doing 'duh....'

other than that, the only way to save a sim from death, is to have a death flower in their pocket. i give one to all my potential heirs in case of any unfortunate accidents.
  • Just now, one of my sims died in a fire, but then it said her cat saved her, but i don't know how that happened...? :?
  • fluffymonkey47 wrote:
    Just now, one of my sims died in a fire, but then it said her cat saved her, but i don't know how that happened...? :?

Grimmy really loves cats. :D
  • rsedorothy wrote:
    fluffymonkey47 wrote:
    Just now, one of my sims died in a fire, but then it said her cat saved her, but i don't know how that happened...? :?

Grimmy really loves cats. :D

What? :shock:
  • Yes that is true, if you have a high enough relationship with your pet, BFF, they often will attempt to plead with the Grim Reaper to spare your life.

Unlucky and Loser traits also prevent accidental deaths, but not death by old age, because the Grim Reaper thinks you're suffering life is amusement to him and others.

I had one time where I had a fire, the Sim died, he had a death flower, after my Sim gave it to him, another fire started on the lot and instead of whisking away, the Grim Reaper ran over and put the fire out.

He seems to like toddlers a lot. On more than one occasion when a Sim dies, after he takes the Sim, I've had him play with the kid. It was really cute when he picked up the teddy bear and did the "Talk through" interaction.

I got the serenity retreat and it comes with a massage table and I was able to give the Grim Reaper acupuncture.
  • brandi22 wrote:
    I thought there was a way to appeal to the Grim Reaper to save a dying Sim he is coming to get... but whenever I click him or the Sim, there is no option to "Appeal to Save Life?"

Is there a way to do this and I'm just missing it?

I was playing an elderly couple, and the man died... the Grim only let the woman plead for the man's life... I didn't get the option when I was on the man...

Long story short, the Grim denied the pleas. It was sad.
  • fluffymonkey47 wrote:

My sim's unicorn saved her life once from Grim. I was mad though, it really was time for her to go.