Forum Discussion

user316
New Spectator
12 years ago

I Resolved the Monte Vista Woodfire Oven Issue

This in regards to the issue that some of us have had where the Monte Vista woodfire oven would give us the "no interactions available" notification after hovering over or clicking on it, causing the object to become useless. So, I saved my games, library files, saved Sims, etc., and regenerated a new The Sims 3 folder in My Documents by placing the old one elsewhere, and I re-installed all my Store CC and added my saved files back in. I tried different combinations, with and without third-party mods/CC, with and without Store items, with and without saved files, and the woodfire oven worked perfectly in each combination until I deleted the DCBackup folder. Then, it gave me the issue again. I restored the deleted DCBackup folder and replaced it with the newly generated one, and the oven worked again! I used to always delete the DCBackup folder periodically because of how large the size could become, thinking that maybe it would slow down my game (I'm not sure if that's actually true or just a myth). After all, I had never had any issues before after deleting that folder. Perhaps the ones who aren't having this issue are the ones who haven't deleted that folder? This is just a suggestion. To the ones who are having this issue, maybe you should try this solution to see if it worked for you? The "resetSim" cheat didn't work for me, as suggested by a few members here, so that might not work for others as well. Good luck, and post here if it worked or didn't work for you. :)