Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Lifetime Rewards - Philosopher's Stone - Oops!

I seldom get this reward for my Sims as they don't normally have enough points and it's rather frivolous but yesterday I did. My Sim tried several times to turn an object into gold without success until he managed to turn himself into gold. There he was, crumpled up at the foot of the stone, gold. It was funny until I realized it wasn't wearing off and he had died. Up popped the Grim Reaper but luckily he had a death flower in inventory. So now I have my Sim back and his golden "statue", I guess. Where do I put it, lol. Rather creepy.
  • In addition to using LTR points to get the Philosopher's Stone, there's also an opportunity chain where you can obtain it.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Opportunity/Alchemy#Alchemic_Mastery

When I have a transmutation death I typically sell the statues. If you have a ready supply of death flowers, transmutation deaths can be lucrative. :lol:

• And once again, sometimes I have to wonder if we are even all playing the same game here... :p
  • "igazor;c-17665654" wrote:
    And once again, sometimes I have to wonder if we are even all playing the same game here... :p

I'm pretty sure that's what makes the game awesome.
    Playing the game whatever way you like is the beauty of it.

Happy Simming!

• If my memory serves me right, I think I have only used this object once to turn stuff into gold. It was my sim homework and it worked.

And also once to bind a ghost.

I still have to see a transmutation death, even though I have created a ghost sim in CAS as a transmutation death ghost for that very same family.
  • "igazor;c-17665654" wrote:
    And once again, sometimes I have to wonder if we are even all playing the same game here... :p

@igazor As Chaucer said in A Knight's Tale, "Yes, and then at the same time, a huge, resounding no." :lol:

It's barely even the same game to me day to day as most of my saves differ in tone, setting, scenario... and that doesn't even cover all the unanticipated twists. This one came about because Melanthe kept dying in her transmutation attempts. I still wanted her to get rich off all the apples she kept conjuring, so I continued to supply her with death flowers, thinking maybe she'd eventually get better at it. Well, she didn't. :joy: But that dream of wealth certainly did come true! :smirk:

Meanwhile, I kept changing her outfits so the statues would have some variation, and then I got curious to see how many different reaction poses I could get... Needless to say, Melanthe has the dubious honor of "record number of deaths a single Sim has experienced in the same save." :p