Forum Discussion

8 years ago

No romance option?

Can anyone tell me why a young adult sim (my sim) wouldn't have any romance options with an adult sim (not under my control)? They have maxed relationship, but the romance options have never came up for these two. I don't think it's a trait issue. I checked the adult sims traits with MC and it's just regular traits (slob, clumsy, etc) none that would hamper romance. My sim doesn't have any romantic traits either.

I'm really puzzled. I've googled and all I've found is related to teens. Neither are teens, and since this is the start of a new game, neither sim has been a teen in my game. I've did a MC reset sim, and I've checked in SP and don't see anything that would stand out to stop romance between these two. I know I haven't tweaked either of their settings in SP.

Any help is appreciated. :)
  • Do they have no Romance menu at all, or is it that things just aren't progressing in that direction when you think they might?

Possible causes:

1 - They are close blood relations. Had an odd case like this turn up a couple of times where the player had no idea that her two sims were great aunt and great nephew, both around the same age -- there is no indicator for those on the relationship panel but the game will see them as too closely related.

2 - Their gender prefs are not what you think they are (check with MasterController on Sim > Intermediate).

3 - It's one of our mods acting up (will PM).
  • "byefelicia;c-16420271" wrote:
    I'm having this same problem, my teen sims are unable to access the romantic interaction with NPCs. They're definitely not blood related, and I'm a newbie so I have zero mods, literally nothing at all. I notice Igazor said something about gender preferences? What does this mean? I didn't know they had gender preferences? If so, where can I access them? Thanks in advance :)

Well wait a minute, this thread wasn't originally about teens at all. Are the other sims that you are referring to as "NPCs" also teens? There is no such thing as teen-older romance in TS3 under EA's rule set.

As for gender prefs, sims will be attracted to only one gender, the other, both, or neither. Usually without mods all sims start out pretty neutral or ever so slightly straight but can be persuaded either way by social interactions or attracted to one who is counter to their orientation if the target is overpoweringly attractive to them. But you cannot see or manage gender prefs without a mod, in particular NRaas MasterController together with its MC Cheats add-on module.

Also let's please confirm that we are still talking about TS3. I am sure that TS4 handles things differently, at least to some extent. :)
  • When I see NPC, I think maid, mailman, etc. He's not one of those. He's a regular townie that I don't control.
  • I'm having this same problem, my teen sims are unable to access the romantic interaction with NPCs. They're definitely not blood related, and I'm a newbie so I have zero mods, literally nothing at all. I notice Igazor said something about gender preferences? What does this mean? I didn't know they had gender preferences? If so, where can I access them? Thanks in advance :)
  • I really hate to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm having the same issue and I'm unable to create an account on the wikispaces to get help. Can anyone PM me the fix, or perhaps igazor can if they see this? Please and thanks in advance :)
  • Hey,

I can see that your question was answered @AmArie123 so I'm closing this thread now.

Although it was necro'd, the main reason for this is that the topic of the discussion is not in line with the forum rules, specifically
    Posting anything that references adult materials. This includes linking to adult-themed mods for games. We’ve got young gamers on here, too.

Please keep this in mind going forward. Thanks! :)