Forum Discussion

NikkeiSimmer
Rising Adventurer
7 years ago

NRAAS Question: Can Retuner be set so that children can play musical instruments?

I've been wanting to set up the game so that the children can start playing the piano as children which is when most RL children usually start playing. Is there a way to do this in NRAAS Retuner?

I really don't want to have to resort to an outside mod to do this, because I'm not sure what it's going to do to my game.
  • Hi @Nikkei_Simmer

I am not sure about using retuner igazor will probably explain if you can do that however I have used the following mods for a long time without any problems despite it giving the warning that the creator of the mod has not signed in for some time.. there are a ton of activities you can choose to use (I use them all as I love to see my kids doing stuff-) but you can pick and choose separately the ones you want to use/download from the list and music is on that list.. :)

No Stretch' Children can Series

http://modthesims.info/d/579548
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I'm sure you could, but the children would stretch to adult height when they do so. There is a mod that will allow children to play musical instruments, and do a lot of other activities without stretching out, and it would really be better to use that. bootstrap.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548
  • Even if allowed by Retuner, I'm not sure that children will really accumulate the skill behind the scenes that they would then later get credited for when they age up as they do with the mods. TwoFtMama has (or at least had) some mods like this on The Asylum but as she does not create animations the awful looking stretching thing was always inevitable.

I have to vote for the Children Can series on MTS. I've been using those ever since they came out and they have been fine. You will see that 95% of the "complaints" on that mod's message board are really thanks posts and begging the developer to return and make more of them for other actions like horseback riding that were not included.
  • I’m not sure if Retuner can be used to do this, but I believe I’ve seen @Mikezumi mention a mod that allows things like this in her game.