Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Nrass dresser mod help

I looked on the site but couldn't find out how to disable the invalid parts message for EA sims in game. Can someone please walk me through it. As it makes my game lag every time.
  • City Hall>NRaas>Dresser...

There should be a Display Notification option in there somewhere. The Dresser Interactions page says it's under Check Outfits.

Once you find it, the default is True. Change to False to stop the display of notifications from the mod. That won't change the mod actually checking outfits though. If the lag is due to the mod checking outfits (and not the actual notifications) you'll need to look into changing the check outfit settings.

I have most of the mod disabled and only use Dresser to save maternity outfits. I set that up long ago through a tuning file; I haven't touched Dresser settings since.
  • Dresser is a very complicated and yet still popular mod. I've never used it, frankly it scares me. If further support for it is needed, I would suggest posting at NRaas. :)
  • @SimplyJen - Might have been bad timing, sorry about that. I'm afraid over time we "lost" (very careless of us) a couple of staff organizers who were avid users of the mod and who did up the CAS part blacklisting documentation pages.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Dresser+FAQ

But we know others are around on and off who have a better handle on these things. And of course our developer does, or at least he understands how it's all supposed to work.

Funny thing, if something like story progression goes totally off-kilter and messes up many sim households in town, I can happily step in and fix that once I figure out where the problem is coming from. But add the potential to re-outfit or re-accessorize hundreds of sims, or thousands if we include my connected worlds, and I tend to run screaming. :o
    KevinL5275
    Seasoned Rookie
    I do the same thing, Princess. I have 2 or 3 different outfits for my sims and set the chance of rotation to 75%. That way my sims are not always wearing the same thing.

I also get the messages that "John Sim has their outfit adjusted by Dresser" but I have no idea what or why its being changed. I didn't black list anything. If I see a sim in town wearing something hideous I'll just take them into MC Stylist and adjust it myself.

• Dresser is funny it reminds me of the fashion we got in sims 4 aka nonesense in unplayed sims. I don't use it anymore.
  • I can't remember what I ended up installing Dresser for late last year. I had some questions and asked them at NRaas but I had a hard time finding people who use this mod. I'm not sure why I decided to keep it around. I've adjusted some settings but I'm still clueless. @igazor agreed :s complicated for those new to it.

"Simsophonique;c-16316372" wrote:
    Dresser is funny it reminds me of the fashion we got in sims 4 aka nonesense in unplayed sims. I don't use it anymore.
    I thought one of the features of Dresser is so you can have more control over what townies will wear... Of course, the user needs to adjust settings to their liking first.

• Thank you for all the responses. I only installed dresser to have my sim to cycle through her everyday outfits instead of always wearing the same one unless I manually change it. Is there another mod that does this?
  • I've got Dresser to stop the random acessories being applied and random makeup was another nightmare I got Dresser for.