Forum Discussion

charlottekn
New Rookie
4 years ago

Nvidia Profile Inspector no longer working?

I've followed all the instructions I've read here about limiting FPS, including the Nvidia Profile Inspector and it worked! Until recently. I'm not exactly sure when it started-a few days or a week. I reset the settings in the inspector, but it has no effect on me in Windowed mode and I end up with 100-200 FPS. Any input or advice would help, thanks!
  • Have you tried or might you be in need of an Nvidia driver update (to help keep up with changes that Windows Updates bring us)? The newest Nvidia Control Panels, which should get updated together with the drivers, now have a Max Frame Rate setting for many cards so that Inspector is not always needed for this anymore.

But if that doesn't help, the "next best" third party solution for forced fps capping would be RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). This one is a little different from Inspector in that it has to be running alongside of the game in order to be effective. It can be set to launch with Windows and it uses next to no system resources, but one has to be careful not to X out the program after adjusting settings as then it wouldn't be running anymore.
  • There was a driver update waiting, probably to work with that new Windows update! It seems to be working now. Thank you!