Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Relationship panel empty (invisible)

Hi everyone. Has anyone experienced that the relationship panel is suddenly empty?

I've owned sims 3 on origin since 2016 and I've never had that problem before. Suddenly from one moment to the next my relationship panel is empty. I use mods, but I've been using these mods since the patch on 1.69 in 2016 and have never downloaded any new mods since then.
I have had a new pc with windows 10 and sims 3 recently installed on it. And now I have this problem for the FIRST time.
That never happened to me on Windows 7.

The game still works fine, everything works as it should. The relationships are also not gone, if I interact with Sims then the relationship is still as it was and the family tree is still intact. It seems to be more of a visual problem. The relationships are all still there but invisible.

When I go back to the main menu and reload my savegame, all relationships are visible again. But it's annoying to go back to the main menu every time the relationships suddenly become invisible and I don't understand what causes this problem.

Repairing the game and creating a new user folder does not help btw.
  • If you are using NRaas mods, or not averse to trying them, the mod in our collection that is designed to make the panel more stable is (not very creatively) called RelationshipPanel.
  • "igazor;c-17928846" wrote:
    If you are using NRaas mods, or not averse to trying them, the mod in our collection that is designed to make the panel more stable is (not very creatively) called RelationshipPanel.

Oh yes, I've been using Master Controller, Overwatch, Story Progression, Error Trap, Register, Traffic, Woohooer and Saver since 2016 and I couldn't imagine playing without them. So helpful, thanks to them, Isla paradiso runs extremely smoothly. I didn't know that the relationship panel would also provide more stability, I'll definitely try it out and then let you know if it helped. Thank you for the info.