Forum Discussion

EgonVM
Seasoned Ace
9 years ago

Shark Attack death chances? (Oh, nevermind)

I have a question:
I have seen all the death types in The Sims 3 and it's expansion packs, but not the shark attack. Many of my sims have been mauled by shark, but all survived. What are this death chances? Is there any requirements?
  • When a Sim notices a newly spawned shark, they may wet themselves if their Scuba Diving skill is lower than 7. Sims can hide in an underwater cave to avoid sharks. There is a 5% chance that sharks may attack Sims, an additional +2% chance for each meat and fish inside the Sim's inventory, and an additional +20% chance if the Sim watches the sharks. When a shark attacks the Sim, the chance to win the fight is based on how many skill points the Sim has in Athletic, Martial Arts, and Scuba Diving skills. Having 0 of them will guarantee a loss while having 10 of each will guarantee a victory. If the Sim has Loves to Swim trait, there's a +30% chance they will win the fight.

If the Sim loses the fight, they will get "Mauled by Shark" and "Gasping for Air" moodlets. If the Sim is attacked while having either of these moodlets, they will die by shark attack and the ghost of the Sim will be purple. If the Sim wins against the shark, they will receive a shark tooth and get "Pumped" moodlet.

Copied from : http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shark
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "LilyVanilli;c-16251338" wrote:
    I´m having the same problem. I´m trying to create all sims ghost types, but this one does not work. Ive tried for over a week (real time). 200 pieces raw meat in the inventory, plus some fish, diving skill very low, no athletic skill, only dive when mood/needs are low, watch the shark, swim where sharks usually spawn, use different sims with varying traits... with no luck. Hes been attacked so many times Ive lost count, but he never dies. What can I do?

I have discovered that sim needs Gasping for Air moodlet to die by shark attack. So yes, have your sim get attacked when they are near drowning.
    But now, I have gotten so many deaths by this. Thanks to that, I made a video showing all the deaths in expansion pack. It is the most popular video in my channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpJi1uWHF3k
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Well, sharks don't attack my sims when they have Mauled by Shark or Gasping for Air moodlet, even when sim have 100 stack of meat (+200%) and sim watches the shark (+20%).
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I finally got this death type! The secret was: sims, who died, had Gasping for Air moodlet. I had two sims die by this (However, this moodlet expired on first sim, so it looked like he died by shark, but gravestone and ghost was Death by Running out Air one).
    Well, thanks @Thursday10pm !
  • I´m having the same problem. I´m trying to create all sims ghost types, but this one does not work. Ive tried for over a week (real time). 200 pieces raw meat in the inventory, plus some fish, diving skill very low, no athletic skill, only dive when mood/needs are low, watch the shark, swim where sharks usually spawn, use different sims with varying traits... with no luck. Hes been attacked so many times Ive lost count, but he never dies. What can I do?