Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Sims 2: Veronaville - lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3

https://i.imgur.com/cXuZHBY.png

My fourth completed town recreation (Technically I finished Bitville before Veronaville), something far more well known that the Stories and Tutorial worlds, this time ive completed the town of Veronaville, known for its extensive family trees and family feuds, with a town divided into an eastern english side, and a western italian side.

This time I have added content from a few other sources, all of which fits perfectly in the town. Veronaville in the original game was always difficult to play; all the playable sims were Capps, Montys, or the extra 'weird' family, the Summerdreams. Thankfully the very first expansion pack for Sims 2 added a university tailor made to match Veronaville; Académie Le Tour. This university featured a whole bunch of playable students who would move home to Veronaville after graduating, and having them in the town really added some needed variety. I have thus included all of these students who are living in various versions of the premade homes. I have also made the Monty family lot from Sims 2 PS2; in this game, Patrizio and Isabella ran a bed and breakfast up on a cliff, overlooking a small town, and they had a butler with them by the name of Don Treadwell. I consider this depiction canon and happening before the Sims 2 events, as the duo are much happier and you can assume that Claudio is alive and well still, with the feud yet to be reignited. As such, I have made a recreation of this PS2 lot and character.

You will need Master Controller from nraas to fully utilise these families, as family ties are not preserved between files. I have used store content in places, but only when it was generally needed to recreate a specific look, or when an item from Sims 2 reappeared in 3 as store content (Notably the morrocan stuff)

The Monty, Capp and Summerdream families with the exception of Bianca Monty, all come with graves on the lot, these are the various ancestors and are required for a complete family tree. The family ties to the playable sims MAY break upon placing these lots, but the ghosts themselves keep all their ties to each other. If the ancestors do not show up on the family tree after placing the lots, relink them with Master Controller. I built a custom graveyard to contain these ancestors, it has more than enough room for all the gravestones.

Like with the Four Corners thread, I will post the families and lots one by one, with commentary, lists of necessary changes, and any required maintenance via MC to get the family working as much as possible like it does in Sims 2

All my builds and sims are completely CC-free, official content only.

Other Sims 2 town lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3:

• Tutorial World - Fully Complete! (Thread restructuring needed)
  • Pleasantview - Early Progress (Thread coming eventually!)
  • Strangetown - Nearing Completion (Thread coming eventually!)
  • Four Corners - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  • Bitville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs

Quick Links:

• Monty family
  • Capp family
  • Summerdream family
  • Monty family bin family (Bianca)
  • Monty family bin family (Antonio)
  • Capp family bin family (Goneril/Albany)
  • Capp family bin family (Regan/Cornwall/Kent)
  • Treadwell family (Bonus Lot)
  • Friends household
  • Sharpe family
  • Powers family
  • O'Feefe family
  • Biggs family
  • Freshe family
  • Lee family
  • Furley family
  • Frost family
  • Whippler family

Community Lot and Empty Home Quick Links: