Forum Discussion

Katofhyrule12
Rising Novice
2 years ago

Sims 3 Vanilla

Does anyone play Sims 3 with no mods or with very few mods?

The Frozen lighting mod was causing reflection inside the houses and making everything a icky green color. A food mods were glitching and actually throwing my sim outside the house. I uninstalled NRass story progressions and career mods and I prefer it. I was way too quick to load my game up with mods before I even knew how to play the game. I did the same thing with Sims 4 before I decided to try a vanilla game.

I completely uninstalled the game and I am reinstalling it now. I am not sure what I am going to add back in, yet.

It was fun to try all this stuff, but I want to compare the vanilla or very lightly modded game to what I have been playing. I think I will keep the skin, hair, and converse sneakers, but I already removed all the default eyelashes, eyebrows, and eyes. I want the yoga mat! I think I found cheat codes for the most critical things I have been doing with NRaas Master Controller.
  • "lisasc360;c-18297144" wrote:
    I used play the game without mods until about 2016 when I had finally figured out how to put them in as I had really wanted to have NRaas Traveler mod so that I could send my Sims to other worlds other than the world's from the World Adventure EP. Without that mod, it's impossible to visit the world's that came with the other EP' and the store worlds. The world's that you can travel to besides the WA worlds is the University of you have University and you're sending a sim to attend or to the future if you have the Into the Future EP. That's one of the things I like about TS4 is that you can travel between worlds or neighborhoods without the use of mods.

I have not traveled yet. I am nervous about trying that.
  • I pulled my mods folder out entirely.

I want to understand exactly what the game can and cannot do before I try to modify it.

I miss the way that my sim looked, but looks are not the most important part of a game. I want to play the game, not just look at it.