Forum Discussion

alexspoom13
Seasoned Rookie
11 years ago

Sims 3 vs Sims 4...

I know this topic will probably go down in flames, but before it does I'd be interested to know how some of you are weighing Sims 3 and 4 up against each other. Personally I have no plans to buy Sims 4 on release day, but will wait and see what content is released in the following months. Currently, there are certain aspects of Sims 3 that I dislike and are pushing me towards 4, but there are also many many things about 4 that are pushing me to stick with 3.

For me it's like this:

For The Sims 4:
- Sims 3 has unbearably long loading times > Sims 4 is much better optimised
- Sims 3 generates many ugly NPCs with stupid clothing combinations which fill my town and I have to make-over > Sims 4 matches clothes in a much better way
- Sims 3 lots are often empty or lacking in visitors unless I throw a party > Sims 4 lots are much busier
- Sims 3 social interactions are often bland > Sims 4 has multitasking and more expressive Sims
- Sims 4 Sims look much better > but there's bloom, dark interior lighting, flat textures and clay hair

Against The Sims 4:
- Sims 3 has tons of content including toddlers, family trees, basic careers like business, cars > Sims 4 has many many missing base game features
- Sims 3 babies, while far from perfect, can be taken to community lots, can be used with rocking chairs, baby mats, swings and strollers > Sims 4 babies are forever confined to their bassinet
- Sims 3 has Create a Style which offers infinite customisation > Sims 4 loads faster but has presets only, many of which do not match each other
- Sims 3 has a vast open world > Sims 4 has a tiny closed world with loading screens and decor houses
- Sims 4 lets me populate the town with my own townies > but the world is tiny and I can't make my own neighbourhoods

I'm not entirely happy with The Sims 3, I find the things that annoy me most have been remedied in Sims 4. However, to get those it seems I would have to sacrifice a lot of other features I love, so at the moment I don't think it would be worth it. I might be tempted after some CC and EPs come out though...

Balanced and respectful arguments only please. :) And the can of worms has just been opened...