Forum Discussion

12 years ago

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Hi everybody and welcome to the thread where you can meet new friends and share your Sim stories and a little bit about yourselves so we can get to know you and help each other with kind words through those difficult times in real life.

Let me start by introducing myself:

My real life name is Janet (Jan Tedfor in my studio is myself) but I go by the the name of Silver which is taken from my username, SilverDaybreak (In memory of my part Arabian mare that I use to ride). I am from Sussex, New Brunswick and live with my wonderful husband and 2 cats Muffy and Buffy. I work for a local call center doing hotel reservations which is a lot of fun most of the time but like any job does get stressful (mentally).

As for my Sim Stories, I am one of those Simmers who has several stories on the go. My first legacy family (The Steel family) will soon be retiring after generation 10 as will my Day family. In this thread I plan to post the links to all of my stories at the beginning and then let you know which one has an update on my blog but will continue to post the pictures to my stories here in the thread. Don't worry about not reading all of them just pick some that you enjoy to follow and then maybe on a cold, snowy winter's day sit back with a hot chocolate or something sit back and read some of my older stories if you like. Each of my generations are like a story in themselves although they follow the main theme of the legacy but also adding new themes along the way.

I know most of you know this already but I like to use Sims from my friends in my stories as well as most of my newer legacy stories involve friends' Sims and/or families. In my main legacies as well if the game does not generate a spouse for my heirs via school prom or other methods I also like to find a Sim from one of your studios to use for a spouse. Someone that fits my storyline as well as a Sim who seems to be forgotten in a studio and has few downloads. This gives new dimensions and genes to my stories as well as gives you an opportunity to have a part in my stories. I hope that no one here minds me using a Sim from their studios for this purpose.

Of course if any of you need Sims for a story or extra townies please feel free to use any that are in my Studio. Just let me know who you are using and please give me updates on their lives even if they are just townies, letting me know that they are alright and settled well into their new town is nice, too. Guess I'm like a mother hen to my Sims as I like to know where they are after they leave my guidance.

That's enough about me for now.

Many thanks to my fellow Simmers and friends, Jazen, Sharona, Fairybird, Fru, Arrowleaf, Dreamerz, Ivory (when she returns to us), Madhatter, Spidergirl, Wickichick, Anon, Faye and any others who join me in making this thread the best place to share stories and make new friends. I will let each of these wonderful people introduce themselves and their wonderful stories.

Please when you post in this thread for the first time, introduce yourselves and comeback frequently as we want to get to know you and not have you just post your story and run which defeats the purpose of a having this a social place to share stories about Sims and yourselves. We will all try to read your stories and leave feedback and if we take awhile to do so please don't worry we will but sometimes real life and playing our own stories takes up time. All of us enjoy receiving feedback on our stories and love giving our thoughts on yours as well.

May we all grow closer to each other and our friendships flourish as we follow in Wicki's footsteps. Here's to many happy times ahead.

Silver

_________________________________________________________________________________

Recommend Links:

Writer's Lounge: A place for SimLit readers and writers to hangout, chat, and make new friends! Feel free to just drop in, read a few of the current topics, or leave a brief message of your own! This is the proud sister thread of Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!! in the Stories and Legacies section!

Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!: A place for SimLit readers and writers to hangout, chat, and make new friends! This slower-paced thread is ideal for keeping up with discussions and commenting directly to folks! This is the proud sister thread of the Writer's Lounge in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section!

SimLit Chat on IRC: Do you like to chat in real-time? Feel free to drop by our IRC channel, located on server irc.rizon.net, channel name #simlit! And if you know nothing about IRC or how to use it, the link provided is a handy web portal: just input a Nickname and hit Connect to chat with other fans of SimLit! Please be aware that is it normal for folks to "idle" sometimes on IRC, so if no one gets back to you, they are likely just away from chat or unavailable; someone is always bound to come around and be willing to chat as soon as possible!

Stories and Legacies Index: Do you have a Sims-related story site? Submit it to the Stories and Legacies Index, a growing link collective of Sim stories for your browsing pleasure! Sites listed in the Index also have their updates listed for up to a month, so you can quickly catch up on what stories have updated each day! This is also a great reference tool for those with the Bookworm trait that are looking for new reading material!

The Writer's Hangout: Want to promote your story but don't have the time to chat? The Writer's Hangout is a place welcoming of link-dropping notifications of your new chapters, so feel free to drop and run... here, it's totally okay!

Just for Venting: Have something you just need to vent about? Then this is the place to come get it off your chest!

Book Club: Do you love reading SimLit? Join the book club! Every week is a new story for you to enjoy, with guided discussions available every Friday!

Short Story Challenges: Do you love short stories, or just want to try your hand at theme writing? Check out the Short Story Challenges, where every month there is a new theme to write about in 500-1500 words using 1-12 screencaps. Challenging, but so much fun both to read and write!

The Art of Storytelling: Looking for thoughtful discussion on focused topics about writing SimLit? Then check out the Art of Storytelling thread! Whether you are a new author or have finished legacies under your belt, all are welcome to share their experiences and ask questions!

The Writers' Workshop: Looking for some guided help on your stories? Need some critical feedback or other guidance or other help with writing? Check out the Writers' Workshop!