Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Singer Career?

Does going to university for Fine Arts help with the singer career?
    katitjv
    New Spectator
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    No. University doesn't have a music school, and the Fine Arts degree is strictly for the VISUAL arts and not for the musical kind.

I agree, no, it doesn't. But not because of what you said. Because the fine arts helps acting career and the rabbit hole music career that came with base game. I've tried both. Also, I'm not sure, but I remember hearing it also helps culinary career, which I haven't tried.

But Showtime careers work differently from the rabbit hole careers. They're based on job experience, and the degree doesn't give that. That's why it doesn't help.
  • Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
  • No. University doesn't have a music school, and the Fine Arts degree is strictly for the VISUAL arts and not for the musical kind.
  • I also believe the violin skill is included in the Fine Arts degree. If not, then you pick the instrument (or skill) you want by choosing an elective class in that particular skill.
  • "Feffdoodle;c-17479325" wrote:
    I also believe the violin skill is included in the Fine Arts degree. If not, then you pick the instrument (or skill) you want by choosing an elective class in that particular skill.

@Feffdoodle, Not too sure if you're playing Sims 4 given your posting history over in The Sims 4 General Discussion section but this is The Sims 3 General Discussion section. So it would seem that your posting is best suited over in that section since The Sims 3 Fine Arts consist of Street Art, Painting, Cooking and Guitar. The Sims 3 doesn't have a Violin skills in the Fine Arts department.