Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Town generating only adult roommate instead of young adult, can nrass MS help?

My sim needs a roommate and I wanted it to be a guy so that as time goes on they can have a relationship and get married and all that. The problem is that my game keeps generating Adult male sims instead of a mixture of young adult and adult. I have disabled the roommate service for now.
My question is that, is there a way to use NRASS mods to make sure only young adult sims are generated for roommates? Thanks

Folder of all the nrass mods I have lol
https://i.imgur.com/K7jPUGb.png
  • Dear @stepbot153,

We appreciate your interest in the town's Roommate Service. However, there seems to be a slight misunderstanding. The clients we send out are typically in need of housing, not romance. It may be possible that you have us confused with a Matchmaker Service that sims specially trained in the Social Networking skill might provide, or the one that is provided elsewhere by a mod we are not allowed to discuss here.

We also should point out that there is an Online Dating Service available in your area that you may wish to investigate.

Kindly stop sending our clients back with a note pinned to their collar that says "Ugh, too old!" or the equivalent. It's beginning to hurt some of their feelings.

Best regards,
    blah blah

PS - We note that a small number of your NRaas mods are slightly outdated. You may want to look into updating those at your earliest convenience.
    ====================

Okay, the real answer is that the mod that governs the genetics of NPC Roommates is StoryProgression, in particular the SP Population module which you do not have listed. But that's genetics, not age. I don't know of any way to control age, maybe others here have heard of such a thing. Although I never recommend pulling an existing sim into MC's version of CAS and aging them down, in this case (Adult to YA) there may not be much risk because the two age stages are so similar. Or you might consider saving a roommate sim aged down to YA as a saved sim CAS template and then "replace" the sim with the younger one again in CAS.
  • You could always make your ideal roomate in CAS, move him in, and set him as a roommate with MC? (I believe it's Mastercontroller, might be Register.) You might just have to cheat away any money that he brings to the household when moving in, or view it as a bonus.
  • If you have Generations or Supernatural I'd just roll with it and give him a potion/elixir to age him down to YA after they get married. You might even be able to throw a Fountain of Youth elixir at him while he's inactive; I'm not sure though, I don't recall if I've ever done that before.
  • "igazor;c-16309823" wrote:
    Dear @stepbot153,

We appreciate your interest in the town's Roommate Service. However, there seems to be a slight misunderstanding. The clients we send out are typically in need of housing, not romance. It may be possible that you have us confused with a Matchmaker Service that sims specially trained in the Social Networking skill might provide, or the one that is provided elsewhere by a mod we are not allowed to discuss here.

We also should point out that there is an Online Dating Service available in your area that you may wish to investigate.

Kindly stop sending our clients back with a note pinned to their collar that says "Ugh, too old!" or the equivalent. It's beginning to hurt some of their feelings.

Best regards,
    blah blah

PS - We note that a small number of your NRaas mods are slightly outdated. You may want to look into updating those at your earliest convenience.
    ====================

Okay, the real answer is that the mod that governs the genetics of NPC Roommates is StoryProgression, in particular the SP Population module which you do not have listed. But that's genetics, not age. I don't know of any way to control age, maybe others here have heard of such a thing. Although I never recommend pulling an existing sim into MC's version of CAS and aging them down, in this case (Adult to YA) there may not be much risk because the two age stages are so similar. Or you might consider saving a roommate sim aged down to YA as a saved sim CAS template and then "replace" the sim with the younger one again in CAS.

Lol I loved that response :p
    Thank you for letting me know that my nraas mods are outdated. I will go check to see which ones I need to update.

"Goulsquash;c-16310039" wrote:
    You could always make your ideal roomate in CAS, move him in, and set him as a roommate with MC? (I believe it's Mastercontroller, might be Register.) You might just have to cheat away any money that he brings to the household when moving in, or view it as a bonus.

Ohhh I will do that :D

"TreyNutz;c-16310122" wrote:
    If you have Generations or Supernatural I'd just roll with it and give him a potion/elixir to age him down to YA after they get married. You might even be able to throw a Fountain of Youth elixir at him while he's inactive; I'm not sure though, I don't recall if I've ever done that before.

never played with the fountain of youth. This may be the right time.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much everyone :D
  • "TreyNutz;c-16310122" wrote:
    If you have Generations or Supernatural I'd just roll with it and give him a potion/elixir to age him down to YA after they get married. You might even be able to throw a Fountain of Youth elixir at him while he's inactive; I'm not sure though, I don't recall if I've ever done that before.

I've tried tossing FoY elixirs and haven't had much luck as the option doesn't seem to be there for inactives. 'Course I also tend to go at things completely bassackwards sometimes, so take that for what it's worth.
  • I threw a Fountain of Youth elixir at Melvin Taft just this evening at the library, and it worked on him. Maybe it's iffy, but it did work today for me. (He was inactive, I just wanted to find an elder and use my potion). It's definitely worth a try, anyway.