Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Twisted Color - A random rainbowcy. (Chapter 5.9 posted 15/3!)

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/twistedcolor-600.jpg?w=600

So you stumpled upon my rainbowcy? I suppose a welcome would be in order then; Welcome!

This is a rainbowcy played with the Random Legacy Challenge rules. That means I follow a particular color scheme and that I roll for each generation as for how that generation shall play out. I would guess that I’ll be focusing a lot on writing a good story, although I did start this as a “relax-save”. Although, knowing myself this project will most likely grow in to something bigger. XD

I do plan on incorporating a lot of berries from other players’ games, because in my opinion it’s way more fun than to just use my own sims and the regular townies. If you would like to contribute to this I would be more than happy. I’ll most likely ask for sims for special purposes now and then as well.

I hope you will enjoy my story and I look forward to a colorful bloodline!

GENERATIONAL ROLLS:

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/twistedcolor-generation12.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household.

Number of Children: Three

Primary Income: Firefighter

Secondary Income: Medical

Generation Goal: Expansionist - Put at least one major expansion onto your house during this generation. Examples of expansions include a new nursery with space for all the toddler toys and an attached outdoor playground, a guest apartment for the previous generation elders to live in, or an artist’s retreat with room for painters, sculptors and drafters to practice their art.

Misc. Fun: Luxury - Replace the furniture of any room by the highest quality in the catalog. (Highest quality means having the maximum number of + signs in the object description. Not necessarily the most expensive item).

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/gen2-banner2.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Single - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Two

Primary Income: Law Enforcement: Forensics

Generation Goal: Social Bunny - Once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday) your sim must either go on a date, or on a group outing. It’s not required that these outings get a “great” rating, or are even liked, what’s important is that they happen. Try to vary the places you go as well, although that’s not a requirement.

Misc. Fun: Fighter – Get into a fight or bar brawl every Sim week. (Sunday to Saturday).

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/gen3-banner5.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Single - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Five

Primary Income: Firefighter

Generation Goal: Deadbeat Parents - Do NOT potty train, teach to walk or teach to talk any toddlers. Do NOT read any toddler books to them. You must not be given the choice to choose any traits, apart from the first two, as they are a bit random and beyond your control. Keep in mind that for children and teenagers, school performance is the factor that determines your ability to choose the next trait.

Misc. Fun: Luxury - Replace the furniture of any room by the highest quality in the catalog. (Highest quality means having the maximum number of + signs in the object description. Not necessarily the most expensive item).

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/gen4-banner1.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Mixed Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household. Their children must be a mix of biological and adopted children. You must produce at least one biological child, and adopt at least one child.

Number of Children: Five

Primary Income: Art Appraiser – Appraisal Branch (chosen as a new EP career)

Secondary Income: Adventurer - Hunt for relics in faraway lands to sell. Re-roll if you don’t have World Adventures. Note that you may gather whatever you like from travel destinations to sell, whether it be directly from tombs or from grabbing shiny insects and metals from the world. You may not sell items gathered from the home town; that would fall under the collector roll.

Generation Goal: Deadbeat Parents - Do NOT potty train, teach to walk or teach to talk any toddlers. Do NOT read any toddler books to them. You must not be given the choice to choose any traits, apart from the first two, as they are a bit random and beyond your control. Keep in mind that for children and teenagers, school performance is the factor that determines your ability to choose the next trait.

Misc. Fun: Homemade - Your sims must only eat cooked dishes (no quick meals), and they may only cook a dish if they have the required ingredients in the refrigerator. In addition, they must harvest all produce and fish all fish on their own (it’s allowed to harvest from community lots). They may purchase meat, eggs, etc (and milk, rice, etc if you’re using a better ingredients mod) from the store. You may eat food cooked with the toy oven, but may not eat birthday/wedding cake or raw ingredients (if your sim does so autonomously you don’t lose, but cancel the action as best you can). This restriction does not apply in a World Adventures tomb (Egypt, France, China), since prepared meals will rot in your sim’s inventory.

http://twistedcolor.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/gen5-banner.jpg?w=640
Marital Structure: Single Parent - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Three

Primary Income: Journalism

Generation Goal: Fulfilled – Your heir must obtain their LTW. In addition, any Wish that is “promised” (that is, pinned to the board) MUST be fulfilled. You may only cancel a promised wish if it becomes impossible to fulfill (for instance, “play game with sim” when said sim has died). You do not have to promise every (or any) wish, but once promised this rule applies. (I used my free re-roll to get this one.)

Misc. Fun: Fighter - Get into a fight or bar brawl every Sim week. (Sunday to Saturday).