Forum Discussion

12 years ago

University loading screen taking FOREVER to load! Help?

For the past few days I've been trying to send a sim to university and every time I send them off all seems fine, they drive off in the van and the loading screen comes on, the little bar gets more green but it stops when it's only got a tiny bit left and just stays like that.
I left my game for two hours last night and it hadn't budged. It doesn't crash or anything it just stays there. I've tried removing all my mods and that doesn't make a difference and I've looked through (what feels like) tons of forum post trying to find out why it's doing it.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)
  • I am having the same issue! My Sim wants to go to University but he hasn't had his graduation ceremony from High School (though I'm not sure this is the problem) and when I try to send him to University the town just won't load! I'm getting really aggravated with it. The sim I started with went off fine and I had no issues but his son won't! :( Can anyone help me?! :cry:
  • I just wanted to post to say that I tried the tip about going to the edit town and it worked for me! Thank you so much for posting that!
  • I have the exact same issue, really annoying. I've restarted the game and I can go into edit mode in university land, and i made a few clubs. I cant go to uni however, and I've already sent one sim to university and ive moved the sim out ive tried to send. I will restart and try the gray circle things.
  • Well that happened to me too, if u have such RANDOM popups, make your computer do those. BUT I NEED HELP TOOO. :evil:
  • I was having this problem as well. Not just with University - in fact, it started a week or so back before I installed UL. Sometimes content and saves can become corrupt. I ended up having to rename the user files to get fresh ones. I lost my saved data because apparently that was what was corrupt (when I tried to put it back into the game, the problems would resume), but at least I can play now. If you google "sims 3 troubleshooting" you can find a site that will walk you through how to do that. I would put the link here, but I'm not sure if we're allowed?
  • tatygirl90 wrote:
    I just wanted to post to say that I tried the tip about going to the edit town and it worked for me! Thank you so much for posting that!

I gotta try this