Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Who Remembers...?

I've been racking my brains and even took to twitter on this subject, but figured that the forums would be the best place to come since this is where I'd heard about it.

Does anyone remember the contest that was an officially held one here on the forums (possibly other places, too) and the some of the prizes were a chance to attend an event - like Sims Camp - and perhaps a 3D printer? I think there was a building portion and writing portion of it.

Can anyone remember this and tell me what the contest was and what the prizes were?

I feel like @ehaught58 @Writin_Reg or @BryonyRae may know what I speak of, but if anyone else was around during that time, please enlighten me - this is driving me bonkers :confounded: :mrgreen:
  • Was it EA’s Inspiring Creativity contest? If so and IIRC, Bry won the Design and Engineering category and a 3D printer, so she may be able to tell you more.

Not sure what links if any are still available, but I did find a few related threads on the forum. Here’s one that mentions the categories:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/637207/inspiring-creativity-contests/p1
  • You little legend @starguru! That's the one! Thank you :mrgreen:
  • Ah, the memories! Yep, I remember that contest. :) I did indeed win a 3D printer! No trip to Sims Camp though. I can't recall whether people all won the same prizes or different prizes though...
  • Yes, it was great, although revisiting that old thread, it was clear not everyone was a fan. :p Would love to see them revive it or set up other contests again though!
  • "BryonyRae;c-16664049" wrote:
    Ah, the memories! Yep, I remember that contest. :) I did indeed win a 3D printer! No trip to Sims Camp though. I can't recall whether people all won the same prizes or different prizes though...

I thought you won something. I tagged you in the post that I made on twitter about it @BryonyRae. I'd love to see something like this again. :mrgreen:

About The Sims 3 General Discussion

Connect with fellow Simmers and share your experiences in The Sims 3 official community.6,697 PostsLatest Activity: 23 seconds ago