Forum Discussion

Sir_Hazelnut
New Novice
6 days ago

I lost my account and I can't use the serial code.

Hi. In 2016, I bought a physical copy of The Sims 4. I tried to register it to my original account with the username ZK_Extreme. Though now I don't remember for sure anymore if I used a space, underscore, or period so it might actually be ZK.extreme or something else. Back then, I'm sure I remembered my username and password however I could not log in. I still have access to my e-mail for that account and I have tried password recovery so many times already but the systems of EA won't recognize my accounts. So I just used a different account which is this one, Sir_Hazelnut. I was able to play The Sims 4 fine, but I want to play The Sims 3 again. I still have the serial code of my physical copy of The Sims 3. I tried registering it to this account, Sir_Hazelnut, however Origin said the code was already used. I suppose this was because the code was already registered in my ZK_Extreme account. Back then, I suspected that my account got deleted due to my poor behavior trolling The Sims 3 - The Sims 4 forums. I already published an apology message yesterday in these forums however it got deleted due to the violation of sensitive topics. I am sorry for my behavior back then. Please give me access to my original EA account so that I could play The Sims 3 again, or at least allow me to reuse my serial code for this new account. Mods please help me.

• Sir_Hazelnut  You'll need to contact EA customer support for help.  Take a photo showing your Sims 3 disc, its case, and the product code (clearly readable).  You can upload the photo when you submit the help request.  This alone would probably not be enough to recover your old account or add the game to your current one, but it could convince a support rep to help you through the process.

I would strongly recommend using live chat rather than email.  If you don't see the option, try this link:

https://help.ea.com/en/help-contact-us/?product=the-sims-3&topic=missing-game&category=manage-my-account&subcategory=find-missing-game

Make sure you're signed into an EA site (this one is fine) before clicking the link and that the location in the lower-right corner of the browser window is set to U.S. or U.K.

Sir_Hazelnut
      New Novice

Hello. Thank you for the reply. I tried it. They said they couldn't find an account under the names ZK_Extreme or ZK.extreme. They asked for my code and said it was registered to a deactivated account due to inactivity. They said the only way to recover it was by resetting the password through e-mail. However, they said the e-mail I told them should have that account isn't linked to any EA ID. In the end, they just asked me to try to remember all possible e-mails. But I can't give any more e-mails. These are the only two e-mails I used back then that I still actively use now. As a last resort, I asked if they could reenable the code since it was linked to an already deactivated account, but they just said it can only be activated once in its lifetime. It looks like I'm not getting my account back nor will I be able to reuse my code.

• Sir_Hazelnut  Then I'm sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.  Not that it's what you want to hear, but during Sims 3 sales, EA typically offers the Starter Pack (the base game plus Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff) for 60% off, and the Starter Pack is priced the same as an individual expansion or stuff pack.  So buying it again wouldn't be a total loss—you'd get two extra packs you might not have had access to before.

Sir_Hazelnut
      New Novice

Hey man, just saw your reply today. Don't feel bad, it's not your fault. If the money I own is the only issue, I would just buy it. My father gives me an allowance. But because I don't have a job, I could not apply for a credit card nor debit card. So I cannot make online transactions. This has been my problem for the past years. They don't sell physical copies of games anymore because times have changed. There have been multiple games in the past I wanted to own by buying but couldn't.

• Sir_Hazelnut  Depending on where you live, you may be able to find EA cash cards (as well as cash cards for other publishers or platforms) on sale.  The ones from EA at least are specific to a given country, so be careful there, but if you can find one, it's a good alternative.  I use these so I don't have to put my credit card information online more than necessary.

Some countries also have more generic cash cards usable on various online platforms as well.  Check the EA App for payment options where you are and then see whether you can find a way to use one of those methods.  And some online retailers sell game codes too and might take these alternate payment methods, although you'll want to make sure you're buying from an approved seller.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/