Forum Discussion

8 years ago

A Vampire Resistant Reward Trait Type Thingie

Since there is an "Eternally Welcome" vampire power as well as a "Garlic Immunity" vampire power, there essentially is no way for our human sims to avoid being fed on while townie vampires break-in our homes.

This Vamp Resistant trait can make vampires want to avoid our sims and lowers the chances of them breaking in our homes and feasting on sims with compelling, because..... uhm, let's say our sims have "bad" plasma or something for example according to vampire lore, that makes vampires fall ill if they feed on the sim with the special plasma.

I think it'd be a cool idea, since it can serve as a counterbalance to vamps getting off scot-free for break-in's and feeding from our sims without their consent by compulsion.

An example of how this can be implemented could go something like this:
Vampire: *breaks in human sim's home, compels unsuspecting sim and begins feeding off sim*
Human: *has the silly, dazed expression while being fed from*
Vampire: *coughs mid-way in feeding session and stops*
Notification pops up: Uh-oh! Looks like this vampire didn't know ______ had bad plasma, that vampire lore has warned them about! This vampire will be sure to warn other vampires of this sim's bad plasma!
Vampire: *has negative 24-hr moodlet that says, "Uncomfortable +4 Took a taste of bad plasma."*

From that one feed from being compelled, that sim could be saved from being fed on in the future, if they have said reward trait.

I think this will help bring peace about the vampire break-in's with folks who either only play with vamps in one save (like myself) or only got the pack for the build/buy objects. That way, nothing is taken away from these well-fleshed out supernaturals.
  • I love this idea! Especially that thought of Straud going in for a big swig only to learn the hard way his lifestyle choices need some rethinking. . . Also like @MissBlackwood 's suggestion! Having it potentially tie into a vampire hunter aspiration/career/something like that could be pretty cool.
  • Townies won't spawn with these traits unless you make a townie and purposely level them up to have the traits, if that is what you are concerned about, I don't know what the premades have but you can delete them and you shouldn't have to worry about vamps (some people still report issues though :/ )

The trait could be cool though, I could have fun with it at least in my stories. :)
  • The human could learn that drinking vervain is toxic to vampires and then have vervain in their bloodstream. Or just good ol' garlic! Ooo, the human could gain a Vampire Hunter power or trait!
  • Y'know, this kinda brings up a gap in the vampire pack. What if there was a whole "Vampire Fighter" aspiration? With immunity being the earned reward? That would actually motivate a sim who doesn't want to BE a vampire to study up on vamp lore and stuff (and then those darn whims would only pop up when a sim actually has a vamp pack based aspiration, omfg). The requirements could be, like, studying up on vamp lore, making garlic braids, and picking fights with vampires lol.