Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Fairy familiar/Sylvan Glade fate?

If the speculations about fairies coming out this year are true, what do you think will happen to the fairy familiars for the spellcasters, and the sprites of Sylvan Glade from the base game? Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what *should* happen.
  • Or maybe it's not such a joke option :D . My own suggestion would be to add lore, of course. But idk what EA's going to do. From the track record, I wouldn't be overly surprised. Otherwise, I actually speculate option 2 or 3 the most. Both seem just as likely.
  • I think they'll probably be left in the game as is. I hope they add lore though that explains the difference.
  • maybe there will be couple words about how they came to be in the fairy lore

and maybe fairies can travel to Sylvan Glade directly or something maybe you could find fairy sims hanging out in Sylvan Glade that could be a thing

familiars aren't base game so I don't think there will be upgrade to them

unless ofcourse we had actual pet dragons but it seems unlikely they'd be able to fit them in same GP

also I feel like fairies are probably not going to be called fairies

there was some superhero imagery in GrT that makes me wonder if they combined fairies and superheroes into the same occult

I'm curious if plantsims get updated
    they could really do with update
    thornwill
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I think that they'll stay the same and the lore will give us very slightly hints about the difference between them and other pixies/fairies.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    I would love to see some lore and gameplay editions. If I was writing it, fairies/faeries would be the "original" spellcasters... who taught/created the first spellcasters and then retreated deeper into the Magic Realm, maybe around the rise of the empire whose mistakes lead to the vampire uprising. They left little vestiges of their power behind... like the fairy familiars and places like the Sylvan Grove.

Until, of course, they come back...

Not that I've given this a lot of thought or anything. :)
  • "Occultmaster;c-18274856" wrote:
    "Occultmaster;c-18274733" wrote:
    Dullahans are Fairies that can remove their own heads and tend to ride horses

Also the whole head removing thing isn't actually gory, it's more of a black smoke or mist that comes out the neck, rather than IDK a stream of ketchup, ketchup sounds about right, since you don't want to traumatize anyone by mentioning what it really is.

Yep, not creepy at all. :lol:
    Sheepiling
    Seasoned Novice
    There are lots of different types of Fae Beings. The Faeries we have in Sylvan Glade, Discover University, and the familiar for Spellcasters, all resemble Sprites the most. However, if we're getting Faeries that look more like the ones in Sims 3 (a.k.a. Tinkerbell), those type of Fae are called Ariels. I doubt the Sims team will actually use proper mythological terms, and will just call them "Fairies" but I don't think they'll conflict with the Sprites we already have at all.