Forum Discussion

mariefoxprice83
New Adventurer
6 years ago

Hair colours

Are we ever going to get some more hair colours? I would love some different shades.
    Magdaleena96
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Mariefoxprice83;c-16757469" wrote:
    I don't mind using CC, but I haven't really explored hair colours as yet. I don't want recolours, I just want more colours.

That's the thing, recolors add more colors to hairs that already exist.
    Magdaleena96
    Seasoned Newcomer
    They would have to add a whole extra row of hair colors to CAS to keep it even. I doubt it's very doable at this point, officially that is.

1. Adding more hair colors would mean a lot of recoloring. A LOT of it. Especially since there are already so many official hairs out. It's a bit late to consider, I guess.
    2. All those already existing maxis match CC hairs will be missing these new extra shades. Heck, it'll be a lot of hairs to update manually.
    3. Recolor CC already exists. Unfortunately, that's, you know, custom content, and yeah, I know some people don't like to use that. I get it.

Overall, it just seems kind of inconvenient to add a bunch of new hair colors four years into the game's lifetime.

If only we had a proper infinite color wheel for hair, that would be really nice! Things like this is why I miss The Sims 3.
  • I don't mind using CC, but I haven't really explored hair colours as yet. I don't want recolours, I just want more colours.
  • "Magdaleena;c-16757489" wrote:
    "Mariefoxprice83;c-16757469" wrote:
    I don't mind using CC, but I haven't really explored hair colours as yet. I don't want recolours, I just want more colours.

That's the thing, recolors add more colors to hairs that already exist.

Ah, I'm with you now. When I was searching Mod the Sims, some of the uploads look like they were altering the files for the existing game hair rather than adding new options.