Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Home with built in bakery

I hope this works out like I want it to...I built a regular home with a built in bakery, but put it on an business/community lot so I can still open/close/and sell things like a business. *crosses fingers*

It's still a WIP :)
  • Your Bakery home is very nice! :) The flowers look very pretty along the edges of the balcony, and on the edges of the front porch. The open shutter windows are a nice touch. Very nice outdoors dining and pool patio! The shape of the pool looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The rectangular patterned floor strip is a nice touch in the hallway. It is great that there is a sauna in the home.
    To have it as a bakery, you will also need to have your sims own another lot which is residential. The other lot will be where the mail is delivered to, and kids and working Sims will come home to the other lot after school and work. You will need to pay the bills for the other lot. It can be more like an empty lot if you would like it to be that way, and lower the cost of the bills.
  • This is so beautiful! I love how you did the house. It feels cozy in the house. Especially with the sauna.
  • You could also make this a residential lot and get the table that allows you to sell things. I’m not sure if you can put baked goods on it but I don’t see why not. :)
  • Day 2 and we added some of those violins in and her living at the shop has been going well. She is in the social network career too so she gets to work from home doing this and running her store

• It is great that the business is going well! :) Congratulations to your sim on selling the items and making the money! That is great!
  • "rosemow;c-16752875" wrote:
    Your Bakery home is very nice! :) The flowers look very pretty along the edges of the balcony, and on the edges of the front porch. The open shutter windows are a nice touch. Very nice outdoors dining and pool patio! The shape of the pool looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The rectangular patterned floor strip is a nice touch in the hallway. It is great that there is a sauna in the home.
    To have it as a bakery, you will also need to have your sims own another lot which is residential. The other lot will be where the mail is delivered to, and kids and working Sims will come home to the other lot after school and work. You will need to pay the bills for the other lot. It can be more like an empty lot if you would like it to be that way, and lower the cost of the bills.

Thank you for the feedback you are always helpful...so what I did was get her a cheap apartment as well, but she will be living here basically. I guess I ended up doing it this way to avoid the loading screen.

I will however do this as a regular house as well =)
  • "TS1299;c-16752994" wrote:
    This is so beautiful! I love how you did the house. It feels cozy in the house. Especially with the sauna.

Got to have somewhere to relaxing after a long day of baking ;)
  • So can we run cottage style industries now, as we could in Sims 2? I thought retail lots and home lots didn't mix?
  • "Mariefoxprice83;c-16753543" wrote:
    So can we run cottage style industries now, as we could in Sims 2? I thought retail lots and home lots didn't mix?

This one actually has been doing wel...because the customers have everything they need to fill their needs while there. Been making 100k a day since opening.