Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Natural disasters

I know it won't happen with any Sims game but I would love for them to add natural disasters in the game like tornadoes hurricanes or earthquakes wildfires floods. Should be included in The season's pack
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I can't imagine them putting in tornadoes or hurricanes or fires. But it sure would be interesting! You can have earthquakes if you have City Living. But the screen just shakes for a few seconds, and then your Sim is tense for awhile. It's more annoying than anything and I probably won't use that lot trait again.
  • I wish they would bring back the fireman job and fire station, then we could have another active career. Like in Sims 3 you could rescue people from earthquakes, fires, a new one would be to rescue cats and dogs.
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "RamblineRose;c-17006482" wrote:
    I wish they would bring back the fireman job and fire station, then we could have another active career. Like in Sims 3 you could rescue people from earthquakes, fires, a new one would be to rescue cats and dogs.

Yes!! This would be so much fun. I would throw my wallet at the screen for this :)

+1 for being disappointed with the earthquake-trait. I want to see things broken in the house, something needs to happen with that trait. Otherwise it is just a tense-buff waiting to happen but I like the idea of lot-traits with negative effects.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Chazzzy;c-17006521" wrote:
    I wish they would’ve revamped that earthquake lot trait they included so it did more than make the screen shake which gives me a headache.

Like they could’ve made it so your Sims could be injured or some objects could break, school could be cancelled, something with some meat.

Absolutely! The first couple times it happened I thought my game was just malfunctioning before I remembered what it was.
  • "Chazzzy;c-17006521" wrote:
    I wish they would’ve revamped that earthquake lot trait they included so it did more than make the screen shake which gives me a headache.

Like they could’ve made it so your Sims could be injured or some objects could break, school could be cancelled, something with some meat.

Yeah, the earthquake lot trait needs more than a couple of shakes and your sim stressed out. The ideas you suggested would be a great addition!
  • Yes, I agree! I also really miss firefighter NPCs, as well as police and robbers. I just want more drama and danger for my sims, whether it be natural disasters or just more causes of death. Hopefully some of the ideas from the Dangerous Stuff Pack theme will be added somewhere. Or is that too cruel of me?
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "annaliese39;c-17028747" wrote:
    Yes, I agree! I also really miss firefighter NPCs, as well as police and robbers. I just want more drama and danger for my sims, whether it be natural disasters or just more causes of death. Hopefully some of the ideas from the Dangerous Stuff Pack theme will be added somewhere. Or is that too cruel of me?

Keeping all my fingers crossed for something like that. Earthquakes, natural disasters or just more dangerous things in general .
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Rookie
    I would love disasters for stories and such as long as there an option to turn it off.
  • I am thinking this is just a natural evolution. If you are going to simulate real weather, you have to simulate all of it. But I don't know how much more work it would take to make this possible.