Forum Discussion

Ice_431997
New Spectator
3 years ago

Phone call overhaul

Too many phone call!!! It is annoying. It is already bad enough that they call you 24/7. It is 2AM! I want to sleep! Or we just talk only one and they call you a lot! I want we must have their number first then able to call them or call me.

Also sometime I just back from work then invite come. I want to shower first or pee but nope, come now or not. No option of "I want to go but I am busy now. How about another day/time."

It worse after neighborhood story, I got ask for advice like 4 time a day and turn off phone is't stop them. It is 10th time you ask me should you try a baby!
  • 1000% agree with everything!

I should not need to go search for a mod to fix/tone down certain things in the game to make them more realistic or fun.

I have always felt you need to give your phone number to a sim before they call you.

CELL PHONE NUMBERS ARE NOT IN A PHONE BOOK! So how did the person get your number? The devs want to insist on cell phones rather than landlines, which I could somewhat understand why some random person or someone you just met called you on a landline because with land lines your phone numbers could be in a telephone book that someone looked up.

And don't even get me started on the "invite" calls *rolls eyes*

Again it makes me even wonder if the TS4 devs even play this game and actually know how it works!

When a sim gets home from work, you generally need to get their needs up, if someone calls you and invites you out, it's an IMMEDIATE thing "Pooooof!" off to a loading screen you go.

But, if you decline because your needs need taken care of, you could potentially miss out on something by not going!

Who in RL calls someone to go do something and expects them to just drop everything and hop in their car to meet them someplace!!!!!! If this is how it is in California, then I'm most certainly glad I don't live there!

Where I live it's common courtesy to set a time to meet, like "Hey sounds good, see you in about an hour!"

But yet again, just another "feature" of TS4 that I have to use a mod for so that I can still accept invites but I have time to you know, wipe my hiney if I was on the toilet when I got that call! LOL

In case you use mods and are interested, it's by Lotharihoe called "Delayed Invites"
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/625539257905348608/phone-call-overhaul-download-google-drive

Spoiler
    https://i.imgur.com/hwO1JGE.png

Now just an FYI: I have not tested this mod since the update for the even more obsessive phone usage that came with the patch before HSY, so it's possible it's broken

• "Chicklet453681;c-18171101" wrote:
    1000% agree with everything!

I should not need to go search for a mod to fix/tone down certain things in the game to make them more realistic or fun.

I have always felt you need to give your phone number to a sim before they call you.

CELL PHONE NUMBERS ARE NOT IN A PHONE BOOK! So how did the person get your number? The devs want to insist on cell phones rather than landlines, which I could somewhat understand why some random person or someone you just met called you on a landline because with land lines your phone numbers could be in a telephone book that someone looked up.

And don't even get me started on the "invite" calls *rolls eyes*

Again it makes me even wonder if the TS4 devs even play this game and actually know how it works!

When a sim gets home from work, you generally need to get their needs up, if someone calls you and invites you out, it's an IMMEDIATE thing "Pooooof!" off to a loading screen you go.

But, if you decline because your needs need taken care of, you could potentially miss out on something by not going!

Who in RL calls someone to go do something and expects them to just drop everything and hop in their car to meet them someplace!!!!!! If this is how it is in California, then I'm most certainly glad I don't live there!

Where I live it's common courtesy to set a time to meet, like "Hey sounds good, see you in about an hour!"

But yet again, just another "feature" of TS4 that I have to use a mod for so that I can still accept invites but I have time to you know, wipe my hiney if I was on the toilet when I got that call! LOL

In case you use mods and are interested, it's by Lotharihoe called "Delayed Invites"
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/625539257905348608/phone-call-overhaul-download-google-drive

Spoiler
    https://i.imgur.com/hwO1JGE.png

Now just an FYI: I have not tested this mod since the update for the even more obsessive phone usage that came with the patch before HSY, so it's possible it's broken

Oh my gosh. I hate the constant phone calls and will never get HSY now. As if I was ever going to, but still, how many sorcerers want to duel with each other or people go to parties every day? Seriously, my Sim has a life, ya know. It's bad enough without it.