Forum Discussion

belalucina
Seasoned Traveler
4 days ago

Playing June Kay - two updates 10/6

I've played June Kay once before while doing the One World One Month One Year challenge and had a lot of fun with it, so I decided to play her again in a new save.

I'm not sure if this will be a legacy, a LEPacy, or a Super Sim Challenge, or maybe all three, but I have a couple goals in mind.

I'm starting out Legacy style on a 50x50 lot with $0. I'm playing completely Base Game right now. I want to complete as many skills, aspirations, and careers as I can until moving on to the next generation and adding a new pack. I'm using very minimal mods and a little bit of CC.

Here she is with her makeover. Only base game plus her shirt which is CC.

I'm playing with long lifespans. She started out on the 50x50 Oakenstead lot with $0. It's a nice lot to start on, with the Lilies, Snapdragons, and Strawberries. So she'll be trying to get some dragonfruits to make some money.

belalucina
    Seasoned Traveler

I've been playing for a bit already. So far she has maxed cooking, gourmet cooking, and gardening. She's completed the Master Chef aspiration, and after growing a large garden of dragon fruits, she's completed the Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron aspirations as well. She's working on Freelance Botanist now as well as doing the Grim Reaper rewards event. 

She's also made it to the top of the Culinary Career.

So she's gonna work on the Tech Guru career now.

Here's her mansion. The inside is based off the clue board game because I just really wanted to build it...

Haven't' finished the upstairs yet. Just her bedroom and bathroom.

I love these CC posers I found based on June's band with Babs, Andre, and Ollie. Their band is called WooWho! June has a bit of a crush on Andre right now.

Another CC piece I found: This billiards table for the billiard room, since there's not one in the game.

And...dragon fruits!

It's really not hard to get 1,000,000 simoleons in the game pretty quickly. 😜

belalucina
      Seasoned Traveler

Some life updates:

June's already got plenty of friends. 

She runs into Steve almost everywhere...and he comes over to visit a lot. Her and Steve got married in my last save, so we'll see what happens with them. Right now Steve seems interested in dating other sims right now.

Alex Moyer? Really?

Well okay...

Then there's Andre...they shared a cozy moment by the fire, and I think June has a little crush on him. 

She's even flirted a little with Ollie. But right now she's just focusing on making friends. And the highest quality Baked Alaska...

Liberty looks a little mad...

She's almost completed her gardening collection! I need to find a UFO fruit...

belalucina
        Seasoned Traveler

There was a tragedy....

Babs set herself on fire while June was at work. She wasn't putting herself out, so I had June come home early from work to try to help, but...it was too late.

She pleaded with Grim...

To no avail. Babs was truly gone. 

Good thing she's learning how to make Ambrosia. 

Speaking of, here's June with some of her Grim rewards:

I like the pants and the earrings. And the Grimophone. 

belalucina
    Seasoned Traveler

June has begun work on a rocket ship in order to search out the last bit of her gardening collection - the UFO fruit.

Meanwhile, her Forbidden Fruit tree she planted has grown and June can't resist the fruit there.

It's okay, June, just eat it.

Talking to a plant doesn't seem so unusual anymore, now that she is one.

As a foodie who no longer needs food, just good water and sunshine, June is considering becoming a water connoisseur. 

Welp, it's off to finish the rocket ship now.

June really likes Rocket Science she has discovered. 

And her friends don't seem to mind that she's a plant now.

She's completed the magic bean collection, and besides Wolfsbane, which I don't think I can get in base game without using debug cheats, she just needs the UFO fruit to complete the gardening collection.

Ellupelluellu
      Hero

Congrats for that collection!😊 And for being a plant, I assume πŸ˜†

WisdomBuilders
    Seasoned Veteran

Sounds a lot like what I'm doing right now! It's been fun. I went with Botanist since I had base game plus seasons. I'm adding packs as I go, too. I just never took the time to really explore and enjoy different aspects of the game. Now my girl's at the top of her career and has 17 days vacation saved up. She had triplets, so I plan to use those days on the infant stage. 

Ps. I LOVE the Clue house. That was one of my favorite games as a preteen. How fun! Good luck on your challenge!

belalucina
      Seasoned Traveler

Thank you! I think I saw yours. Gave me the idea for the dragon fruit. Last time I used Orchids, but Dragon fruit is easier to get and worth more. I've always wanted to try starting base game and adding packs as I go.

Clue was one of my faves too 😁

WisdomBuilders
        Seasoned Veteran

Yeah I did dragon fruit with my Annie Baker Legacy, but had too many problems with that save and quit. My current one is Harvest Legacy. I'm also trying to do a super sim, but I'm not sure if I'll do that with this first sim. I may wait for that until I have Growing Together back in the mix. I'm trying to move slowly this time, but she now has triplets, so it doesn't feel real slow right now. Good luck on your Legacy...or what did you call it? Lepacy? I think I've heard of that before, but I'm not boxing myself into any rules but my own this go around. I'm kinda too much of a rule follower, and it can mess me up when I'm following rules and then get stuck by one of them. So it's kind of a Legacy, but I've already moved to a different lot, it's kinda a Super Sim but might not be this sim but one of her heirs, it's always a rags to riches lol (but I can fly though those, so I honesty try and make more rules to hinder myself getting too rich too fast). I literally always start with 0. Anything else feels like cheating, lol. Looking forward to seeing how yours goes!

belalucina
    Seasoned Traveler

No longer a plant sim...and hungry!

She's talking to Babs...still haven't seen her ghost though (she was actually leaving a sugar skull offering).

She finally found her UFO fruit after completing the Green Man mission! Thanks master yoda...lol.

Her collection so far.

• Following bit late... it was maybe Babs screaming what alerted me to look here 😭

Anyway, great to see you posting this here πŸ€—πŸ€—

belalucina
      Seasoned Traveler

Haha. It's okay, she will bring her back! I don't know if ghosts behave differently in base game, but so far Babs hasn't haunted the house at all so I'm not sure how to interact with her.

Thanks for following along. ☺️

• So glad to see you back and posting. Looking forward to June's adventures. 😊

belalucina
    Seasoned Traveler

Sadly, these things are hard to keep alive, and it didn't even eat anyone...

Well, anyways, she still managed to complete her Freelance Botanist aspiration!

Her and Steve had a moment in the hallway, and now he's one of her romantic interests.

June pretty much spends all her time at home, but her friends always come over and keep her company. I mean, she does live in a pretty nice mansion. Sometimes they just come over to play video games. 

June, on the other hand, despises video games. This is how they make her feel...

Very angry. Which is a pain when she's trying to complete the Computer Whiz aspiration. She still managed though. Programming - she loves!

And she's moving on up in the Tech Guru career!

Even though she hates video games, she really impressed Travis with her video game prowess (she even programmed her own video game). That somehow led to...this.

Who is she going to pick?

She's working on Nerd Brain aspiration now. I seem to just be going in order at the moment. She's working on handiness and logic, both things she likes.

belalucina
    Seasoned Traveler

Finally caught Babs haunting the house! 

Ooh, June's first date!

It went really well!

June maxed her Rocket Science skill.

Another date with Travis. I think she really likes him.

Handiness is maxed, and her kitchen is fully upgraded!

Really, Babs? June already maxed handiness, you don't need to break the sink.

Uhm....I'm sorry, what??

Venting to Ollie.

But June formulates a plan. Love is kind of like chess, you just need to make the right move, right?

She'll just have to convince him to break up with Esmerelda first.

And with that completed...let's work on Serial Romantic. Travis is target number one. Time to ask him on a date.

Just need to beguile him first.

It's working, he's totally smitten! Apparently, he isn't even dating Esmerelda? Guess that didn't last long. Now's your chance, June.

These two are now officially a couple. Good job, June!