Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Self-employment

Seems like a small thing, but I’d like sims to be able to register as self-employed if they own a restaurant, retail business, or vet clinic. Their careers would then be listed as veterinarian, entrepreneur, restranteur, etc.
  • It looks like the Sims team are including this in the November patch... seems quite a simplistic system though (I think you need to type in the name of the self-employed career). I liked how they did self-employment in the Sims 3...
  • "Reallysoawkward23;d-949584" wrote:
    Seems like a small thing, but I’d like sims to be able to register as self-employed if they own a restaurant, retail business, or vet clinic. Their careers would then be listed as veterinarian, entrepreneur, restranteur, etc.

I think of myself as an entrepreneur when playing the sims 4.
  • "Reallysoawkward23;d-949584" wrote:

We need this for real
  • This has been an annoyance of mine since Day 1. I hate seeing my own Sims showing up in NPC roles, and if this would stop that, I'm 100% there. Plus with business ownership, it drives me nuts that owners say they're "unemployed" when you ask them. It seems well overdue, particularly with the rotational-play focus they launched Sims 4 with.
  • Yes - most of my sims are self made business people or they inherited it (money cheat bahaha). I dislike most of the rabbit hole careers, that is time they could be skilling or doing other interesting things