Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The Candy Store!

Candy Making could be a new skill. I know some of my younger sims like to talk about candy or want something sweet. As far as I know there is no actual candy in the game, although I don't have all the expansions.

So to being this skill you need some Ingredients!
For that you need some plants, make or buy the ingredients.

You could have:
Sugar Cane
Maple Tree
Agave Plant
Stevia Plant
Monk Fruit Tree

for the new sugars or sweeteners you would like. Some sims want a real sugar rush and some like alternatives.

You can have all sorts of flavorings you get from various plants:

Cocoa Tree
Cinnamon Tree
Peppermint
Spearment

You already have a lot of fruits you can use to make flavors.

I like the idea of a Mom and Pop type candy store. So you would need copper kettles to melt the sugar in, the flavorings, a cold marble slab to work the candy, molds for shaping or a candy cutter. Then ways to present the candy. Packaging, candy despenser, or countertop containers.

It would be fun to run a candy store because it would be every kids and playful sims favorite place to hang out and meet other sims and have a treat.

While I like the idea of hands on, there could be candy making gadgets for the science sims or handy sims to upgrade and make some candies with more exotic ingredients got from Sixam. It would be a fun way of getting that handiness skill up.

I like the idea of gardening most of the ingredients instead of just buying the ingredients. You could also source some rarer ingredients by having pen pals or meeting other sims online and ordering them.

You can work on making actual candy or just work on getting ingredients to sell to other sims.

There can also be some sorts of candy that kids really like and some that adults like. Then some that elders like. I mean, there are licorice fans, and some say it is good for acid reflux, but I am not really a fan. I'll eat it though, if someone gives it to me but probably eat it last out of all the candies.

I don't really have a favorite, it is just whatever I am in the mood for at the time.

What is your favorite candy? Do you like the idea of a courner candy store or do you like the more modern take, put the ingredients in and let a machine make it all?

What sort of moodlets could you imagine?

Some candy could fizz or pop and that would be fun. Then some could make you confident like brushing your teeth or having good breath. Some could almost be like medicine. Some could give you an energetic rush.

On the sims there could candies that have strange moodlets or strange effects.

• I can imagine some sims getting a "sugar buzz" that makes them go go go go for a few hours if they eat too much lol
    The off chance of a sugar crash would be interesting too :dizzy:
    userafw
    New Spectator
    Having a working gumball machine in game would be awesome too, as would a candy/snack vending machine. Leniad has some working candy mods at sims4studio.com (especially HP candy!) but he hasn't updated recently.
  • Theres also a cotton candy machine and a candy dispenser (with actual candies) by icemunmun as well!

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,090 PostsLatest Activity: 12 days ago