Forum Discussion

alan650
New Spectator
7 years ago

Your in-depth ideas to make each Sim more unique!

Someone started this discussion on the Sim Reddit and I just loved the topic and fully agreed. Sims 4's main weakness is that each Sim tends to act the same due to the emotions overriding the weak traits and the reactions to death, divorce, and other drama is weakly executed. I am just going to start by copying my response from that discussion and ask everybody to lend their specific ideas for ways to make each Sim unique from the other!! Hopefully the gurus will read our multitude of responses to get ideas! Anyway here were my ideas:

We simply need a pack based on personalities/drama/consequence. I feel something like this could be a game pack and of course a mix of free updates. The perfect free update is allowing for the same amount of traits that Sims 3 did and maybe a couple new and very strong traits such as jealous. "Jealous" is the most noticeable trait in The Sims 4. You literally can't have your partner simply TALK to another sim without the jealous sim getting angry and letting you know. A trait shouldn't just be a random moodlet and boost here and there. This pack could contain reputation system, hobby enthusiasm, attraction system, likes/dislikes, wants/fears, strong reactions to many situations that arise AND reactions based on traits/mood of sim. Use the emotion system to coincide with your sim's traits and then have them react! For example, a hot-headed sim could get really nasty and fight both partner and cheater if they walked in on them Woohooing. Perhaps a "gloomy" sim would have an emotional breakdown of crying and screaming without the rage. I also always thought they should add quirks! The pets get a quirk like being afraid of the TV. I imagine a Sim quirk would be "Snores", "Picks nose" (I feel this should have been included with Parenthood for "Bad Manners" Sims!), "annoying laugh", "rolls eyes constantly" or whatever you can think up . A pack based solely on deep customization of a sim that truly matters would be AMAZING! The Sims 4 is not a lost cause in this department whatsoever. I hated toddlers in the past and now I enjoy them more than children sometimes! This game does so well in a multitude of areas but unfortunately is weakest in what your game should spring from: deeper sims and reaction to the world around them!