Forum Discussion

Fengjui
Seasoned Scout
15 days ago

Offline Sims4

There should be a way to play Sims4 offline; when the internet goes offline.  I use to do it with the original Sims by downloading all the expansion packs and the game.

Now can we do this for Sims4? 

• It appears there might be a way to do it as long as you log in once. If I turn off my internet and try and start the EA App I get the following:

We couldn't find your account info
    Restart the app, sign in online, and select the "Keep me signed in" option so you can continue playing games offline.

Fengjui
      Seasoned Scout

That's what I got last night after our internet went down after our severe blowing dust storm with the wind gusts up to 60mph.  At least I played a different game offline.

shorty943p
      Rising Rookie

Only problem with that idea is.

The original poster was talking about those times when our internet goes down. No internet we can't log to the EA App anyway, so we still can't play the single player offline game.

This has to be fixed, so we can have the original, Origin use back.

C'mon EA, treat us like we are the decent people we are, you know we paid for the game because we have the accounts and the details on your servers.  Treat us with some respect!

PhilxSims
        New Scout

Make sure that you log in selecting "Keep me signed in" when you have internet, then when you don't have internet you'll be able to play offline.

• It is incredibly annoying that a single player game can't be played offline.

• Nope.  EA locked it down. You have to use their App to play the game. I miss Origin.

• Sadly, this is so.

Origin was an app that actually installed onto our PC and had it's own tiny Data base with out name and login,and starter for TS4.

In the pursuit of anti-piracy EA decided we do not have the right to play it Our way on Our PC in Our homes anymore.

All Hail the Great Big Corporation!

Now watch them ban me again for simply telling the truth.

Simmerville
      Seasoned Ace

So, in fact we can blame this even more on the gamers grabbing illegal game copies, than on the companies. If nobody "stole" games, this would probably never been addressed. I wonder how many simmers did dl at least one game or code from a shady site, that they were not entitled to play?

What goes around, comes around... ;)