Forum Discussion

Iggysaurus-Rex
Rising Novice
18 hours ago

Can't load played households after 1.109 update

Everything was working fine until I updated to PC: 1.109.185.1030. Now I get the infinite loading screen if I try to play either of the 2 played households on the save file. 

I can load into households on a new save.

I can load into unplayed households on the existing save.  If I load into an unplayed household and try to travel to either of my played households I get the infinite loading screen.

Mods are disabled. My GPU drivers are updated. I repaired the game files. I deleted localthumbcache.package. 

I don't know what else to try.

• I was able to load into the played lots by going into build mode from the map. Once I was loaded into the lot, I removed all lot traits and lot challenges. Now I am able to load into the 2 played households that were causing infinite loading screens. 

Later on I'll try and see if it was from all lot traits/challenges or specific ones. 

Edit: I played around some more and it seems lot challenges are causing the problem for me. 

• Do you have any LastException files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload them to a new post in this thread.

Don't know which files you are allowed to upload here but if you can't upload the file, just copy/paste the content here.

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

• I was able to load into the played lots by going into build mode from the map. Once I was loaded into the lot, I removed all lot traits and lot challenges. Now I am able to load into the 2 played households that were causing infinite loading screens. 

Later on I'll try and see if it was from all lot traits/challenges or specific ones. 

Edit: I played around some more and it seems lot challenges are causing the problem for me. 

• Any particular one or all of them ? Did you have any custom ones that you removed ?