Forum Discussion

nocheesegromit
Rising Novice
2 months ago

Game crashes when sim travels to Darby's Den?

My sim just started at Britechester, but when I try to have her travel to Darby's Den, the game crashes. Afterwards, when I hover on her in worldview, she is located in her dorm but her location is listed as "Darby's Den". Trying to play her leads to another game crash. When I look at the Darby's Den lot in world view, it says "Ubrite Commons - incomplete" with an orange flag above it. 

I don't have any mods downloaded, and I've tried "repair game" , deleting my Sim4 folder, and loading earlier save files, to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that I had recently used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change one of her traits. That's the only cheat I've used recently, and I don't think it's supposed to be game breaking..

Any help would be super appreciated!

(Darby's Den has a third lot trait in the screenshot because I wanted to see if editing the lot would fix the issue. It didn't)

Rikaelus
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same problem here, albeit with a couple mods (namely MCCC and **bleep**). I have sisters at university and had them travel there together and... boom.

I had the same problem with ThrifTea a while back but at least then it wasn't my whole household, so I could join the game as someone else and simply have the traveling sim return. Now I feel a bit more screwed. The only thing I can think to do is add someone to their household or something to use to enter the game with and have them both return.

I looked up the ThrifTea issue before and I saw some mentions that it might be related to an event taking place on the lot. It kind of sounds like a bug with the base game but I haven't seen verification of that.

Edit: And of course I can't add a third sim to the household because it's University housing. fml. I'm probably going to have to move them out and back in... uhg.

chitune_a
    Rising Newcomer

I have exactly the same issue! I play on Mac and the game started crashing at some point when I wanted to go to the graduation ceremony (it worked just fine with my first sim). Now it seems like I can no longer enter any university building, the game crashes entirely.

I have added an NPC to the household, I saw in another thread with a similar problem where they mentioned it, and I have this weird problem with Darby's Den. 

Would really appreciate a fix here as I cannot play the game unless I completely avoid all university buildings...

nocheesegromit
      Rising Novice

Oh! Thank you for sharing those links, good to know we're not alone in this error.