Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Coffee Shop in Get to Work?

https://youtu.be/wiHutOQFSN8?t=119

Seriously, watch the video. :open_mouth: Like I built a bakery for my simself and I want to make it a coffee shop too then I just found out that you can't until I saw this video. Enlighten me! :flushed: *runs in the corner*
  • You can put a coffeemaker on the lot where other Sims can get to it and make coffee. You can also put out free food for them to eat. Someone said you can use a certain refrigerator....one of the display ones where your customers can get food and sit down and eat it.

But what you cannot do is make an actual coffee shop. That little snippet you saw was from one of the trailers, and in fact, someone made a whole thread about it accusing EA of false advertising, because EA made it appear like there was an actual coffee shop in the game.
  • @Jarsie9 Oh, alright. Thank you. I was surprised that they featured a coffee shop in this video. Sigh. I hope there'll be one in the future.
  • Mine feels very coffee shop ish-,I have both the tea and coffee pots out, as well as free samples of baked goods I'm offering for sale , I have tables, but also a sitting area with couches and such ... It doesn't ruin the effect for me that they're eating the free food. My sales are fine, and the way it flows, many of the ones who eat or drink the free stuff stay long enough to want to buy anyhow.
  • "DMJLN;13512912" wrote:
    Mine feels very coffee shop ish-,I have both the tea and coffee pots out, as well as free samples of baked goods I'm offering for sale , I have tables, but also a sitting area with couches and such ... It doesn't ruin the effect for me that they're eating the free food. My sales are fine, and the way it flows, many of the ones who eat or drink the free stuff stay long enough to want to buy anyhow.

But is not the same, I want a barista like in the video. And I don't want to cook freebies XD or else we have to cheat more to be able to keep business going
  • "Pellapixel;13513821" wrote:
    So shady! There was a cup and Pastries as if she was purchasing it. This angers me

Gurus won't see it here. If you want to let them know how angry you are about the lies in their trailers, take it to Twitter. Tweet the devs directly.
  • So shady! There was a cup and Pastries as if she was purchasing it. This angers me
  • I am not 100% sure but it seems that if you make items using the new Baking skill that they have a chance to sit down and eat it. I made a Bakery thinking that the sims would immediately sit down to eat whatever food they bought so I made all kinds of deserts. However I only ever saw 2 sims eating bagels so I am testing the theory by only selling "baked foods". Also, someone on my twitch stream said if you separate the food they eat it, I'll have to test that out too.

But yes....dissapointed that the food gets treated more like an object than actual food in the Store setting.
  • As Danndanbo noted, we ask users don't necropost in older discussions. This thread is over 3 years old, feel free to carry on with the discussion elsewhere.