Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Electric lights should not all be power consumption 10

With the release of Eco Living, I expected that the various electric lights would have different energy ratings. In today's world, there are all sorts of light bulbs with different energy consumption amounts. So far for The Sims 4 there are only 2 options, Off The Grid, and Power Consumption 10. Why is every electric light value the same, when appliances and electronics have different amounts?
  • Cheap single light fittings should use more power than expensive single lights.
    Ones with multiple lights should use more.
    GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I always assumed this was a bug. Some of the floor lamps, but especially the wall and table lamps barely emit any light at all. You have to place like five of them in a room of moderate size to get it decently lit, so they should definitely consume less power than the much brighter ceiling lamps. (And not even those are all the same...)
  • Yeah lol, really gives the impression like they thought of lights at the last minute and were like "oops... uh, give them all the same value and call it a day."
  • I've thought of this as well, it would be nice if it was changed. I'll click Me Too on any such bug report.