Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Fun Way to Play a Klepto

I put together an apartment for my klepto with only attached items (flooring, walls, lights, curtains, shelves, and kitchen and bath fixtures), plus a refrigerator and a bed. I made everything white so that it could accommodate any decor. Now, I'm going to have her steal every single piece of furnishing and decor she needs for her place.

It will be interesting to see what her apartment ends up looking like since I'm not going to plan the decor very much, but rather get it opportunistically. Here's what the apartment looks like right now, at the beginning:

https://simchick.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/Frm_Klepto_Living.png?w=584

https://simchick.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/Frm_Klepto_Bath.png?w=584

https://simchick.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/Frm_Klepto_Bed.png?w=584

Has anyone else ever tried this before?
  • "QueenofMyshuno;c-16888858" wrote:
    @Corenren I was at a retail store, and I clicked on one of the chairs (not for sale) and got the option to swipe it, so I think you can swipe almost anything. I think it might depend on their klepto skill level, too, or maybe their mischief skill level? I'm not sure.

I think it depends on Mischief skill -- I played a klepto vampire (he'd pick up goodies while stopping in for a midnight snack :D ), and he started out only being able to swipe small decor items, but as his mischief skill grew he could get larger stuff. Hmmm -- maybe I'll play a klepto but I'll give him/her basic furnishings and use the ill-gotten gains to upgrade as needed. (Wonder if kleptos can steal money out of the Get Famous vault?)
  • I started a new klepto in 4 after reading this, and getting the idea from the simmer above, to furnish her apartment with things she has stolen, it's actually coming along , she has stolen a 2 seater couch from the museum in the beach town, paintings and a violin from the one in the city, a computer and chair from each of the libraries so far. It's been easier than I thought, and I'm surprised no one has caught her yet, but she sure keeps having sims express admiration to her, thats funny itself lol.
  • You're welcome, sounds like a good plan! :) Good luck to your klepto, she's very pretty by the way. I like her eyes, I'm guessing they're CC? I've never seen bloodshot eyes on my vanilla Sims anyway. Very cool effect!
  • @Karababy52 Thank you! I have default eye replacements by MsBlue. I wanted something custom, but I wanted them to still be stored under the correct color category (instead of labeled as "custom") so that the eye color would still be passed on to offspring.
  • "QueenofMyshuno;c-16893445" wrote:
    LOL @smrufy77 - that everyone admires your klepto sim. I'd love to see screenshots of her apartment, if you have them, with all of the stolen furnishings.

I will soon as I remake my klepto again, I just got a new laptop and am needing to make my games again, soon as I do I will finally practice those tips all of yall gave me on how to post screenshots, thats my sims resolution, to finally learn how lol
  • What a great idea! I think I might try this. Anything they can't use I'll have them sell. All their money will have to come from something they swiped or collectibles. I'm debating on whether or not they'll be able to just sell the items or have to go through the Flea Market or own a store.