Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

How Long I Wait to Update May Be Academic At This Point!

My Global Superstar just laughed himself to death! Third Emotional Death EVER.

https://i.imgur.com/yxElf3c.jpg

Of course I exited without saving. I plan on having this Sim honeymoon in Simala or whatever the name of the island is. :O So, of course, since I had specific plans for this particular Sim, he suddenly went all hysterical on me, and before I could use MCCC to remedy the situation, it was too late. So, of course, I simply had to exit without saving. This poor Sim is unlucky in so many ways, and has been since Sims 3. Why do I keep playing him, you ask? He's just so darned lovable, that's why. I better stop now, before I laugh myself into an Hysterical Death. ;)
  • "Sindocat;c-17116782" wrote:
    I only just learned that Emotional Deaths are a thing, thankfully not by experiencing one!

I also like to stick with favorite Sims - my first TS4 household was a remake of my original TS3 couple.

Personally, I plan to accept the update as it drops. I am minimally modded, and can play without (though if my one mod breaks, it will effectively stymie my gameplay in 2 out of 4 households) and I look forward to seeing the Pride items.

Good luck keeping your Sim alive to enjoy Island Living, and updating when you decide to!

Thank you for your comforting words. I generally update fairly quickly. But I do have two important mods. MCCC and Road to Fame. I was just advised to wait on the update until Deaderpool (who is always on top of things) has a chance to check it out to see what it does or doesn't break in the MCCC mod. I'm hoping RTF will survive just fine, or that Sacrificial will also be on top of things. This is how my Sim is a singer, after all. The last time I didn't wait, seeing that MCCC was just fine, I made a near-fatal decision and left my Mods folder in place. Updated, and then realized the RTF version I had seriously malfunctioned. My singer was at the top of his game. Newly married with a child, had just had his own mansion built. Suddenly, his stats were non-existent. He was still listed as a Global Superstar via GF, but he'd lost his album count and his royalties were ยง200 per release. Where he'd had 50 releases, he then only had 2. Face/palm.

Turns out, I didn't have the lastest and greatest version of RTF. I got that, but it wouldn't function in my game save. Not only was my save corrupted, but my Sim, too. I had to restart in a brand new save and it has taken me all of this time to get him back. My other game save relies on MCCC. We'll see how things work out. I won't have time to play tomorrow. Last time Deaderpool had a hotfix ready by the same afternoon the patch dropped. Once I'm able to play again, later in the week, I'll have to see what the status is for RTF. This is such a nightmare.
  • "Sindocat;c-17116827" wrote:
    Oh! Losing an established household as a corrupted file hurts! I lost a TS3: Pets household I was especially fond of, that way, and rebuilding it was never quite the same. Yes - in your shoes I'd definitely wait.

Yeah, I think I'm still smarting over it, too. And, the way things are playing out it isn't nearly as entertaining (pardon the pun) as it was the first time through. And here I thought my biggest decision would be should I go ahead and have him marry his high school sweetheart to whom he is promised, or have him move on?