Forum Discussion

4 years ago

How to take animal to Finchwick Fair?

I've tried twice now to take my llama to the fair in the new expansion.
First time added it to my household inventory but that didn't work, couldn't access the llama at the fair.
Second time got it into my sims own inventory, that seemed glitchy as the option kept disappearing ... then when I got to the fair the button to submit entry was still greyed out, the llama itself had disappeared. It's just completely vanished from both her inventories. Not in the shed at home either.

What exactly are you supposed to do when taking your llama or cow to the fair?
I suspect my fairs in Henley are bugged because my one doesn't end at 9.30 but goes on into the night till my sim leaves.
  • 1). At your lot, approach the animal, click on it and use the Action > Put In Inventory option. Large animals have to be stationary to do this.
    2). When you get to the fair, chickens are submitted at the stand whereas cows and llamas have to be entered by clicking on one of the large animal sheds that are on the lot and selecting Submit Entry.
    3). After the fair is over you will either find the animal in your sim's personal inventory or (more likely) in your household inventory. When you return to your home lot, click on the empty animal shed and Assign Animal to Shed . . . .
  • I only added a chicken to my sim's inventory, but like stated above the Action is the answer. I never "unpacked" it though, because after preparing my sim for the fair contest, and making the entire household of 5 ready and travel to the village square - after waiting 2 hours for the fair to start, I found that it actually took place the day before, LOL. So my family (including the hen) visited the bar instead :)
  • "Scrapdash;c-17945493" wrote:
    @Denimjo
    Yes on the second attempt I realised it has to go into the personal inventory, got my llama in there, as you say it must be stationary.
    But on arrival at the fair it was missing, no option to add it to the animal shed as it had disappeared.
    When my sim went home the llama wasn't there either, I only had the option to purchase a new animal, my original llama went missing somewhere between leaving home and arriving at the fair.

Check this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Finchwick-Fair-Cow-Vanishing-from-Inventory-Can-t-Submit-to/m-p/10537284/highlight/true#M191509
  • @luthienrising thanks for that link, it seems to be happening to others too, what they're describing was my exact situation. Hopefully this gets resolved as it's a big feature of the pack.
  • @Denimjo
    Yes on the second attempt I realised it has to go into the personal inventory, got my llama in there, as you say it must be stationary.
    But on arrival at the fair it was missing, no option to add it to the animal shed as it had disappeared.
    When my sim went home the llama wasn't there either, I only had the option to purchase a new animal, my original llama went missing somewhere between leaving home and arriving at the fair.